My story, now that I'm done(with NEW pics) updated 9/16

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaswi

My story, now that I'm done(with NEW pics) updated 9/16

#1 Post by jaswi »

I'm bored today, so I figured I'd join the trend of late game SPAMMERS LIKE ME posting their stories. Here's mine.

Having needed braces all my life, but never having the money growing up, they were on the top of my list when I finally had the financial ability. This is how my teeth looked before braces:

I went to a few orthodontists before deciding on one. He concluded I had a class III on one side, and said he thought he could fix my teeth without removing teeth. I got the ball rolling with 8 spacers on the top.

Followed by the works on the top on June 28th 2006.

By November 2006, my teeth looked like this, Notice the good expansion received using only wires, no expander.

On the 28th of November 2006, after 8 more rubber spacers and 1 metal spacer we end up here. At this point we're trying to make room to get a bracket on my lower right lateral incisor.

By the time may 2007 rolled around, we were using a spring to try and make room to pull that lower incisor into the game.

November 15 2007, all 4 wisdom teeth were yanked.
Then we come around to December 2007. In that point nothing much has happened on the top, but those two lower teeth are now in the wire. Also I went through about 2 months of elastics, one to fix my class3, another to straighten the midline... oddly those pics are missing.

By March 2008, nothing has really happened new, just powerchains..

July 28th, and here is how they stand now. Orthodontist slightly reshaped the bonding on my left incisor to close the little black triangle. There's powerchains top and bottom, with elastic thread holding my two top incisors together. Debanding date set for September 15th and 16th.
Last edited by jaswi on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

leager2000

#2 Post by leager2000 »

Your smile looks awesome. Congratulations on seeing a light at the end of the tunnel

]

real2

#3 Post by real2 »

Absolutely amazing to see 2 years of stories and progress in a single page!

BTW, I'm guessing all orthodontists do bonding on the teeth to shape them for a better aesthetic?

jaswi

#4 Post by jaswi »

real2 wrote:Absolutely amazing to see 2 years of stories and progress in a single page!

BTW, I'm guessing all orthodontists do bonding on the teeth to shape them for a better aesthetic?
Not really.. My bonding was done maybe 10 years ago by my dentist after I broke a tooth in half. My orthodontist had to sand it to be a better shape so my that my gap would close. I've still got some sport where teeth are chipped slightly or whatnot that I'm not concerned with.

shinyRiver

#5 Post by shinyRiver »

THAT is amazing. I am so glad I got braces now. Your teeth are so perfect! I've been very worried about being in my twenties and having braces for the first time, thinking they might not move as fast, thinking there might be complications, etc. But your photos are incredible. They really give me hope! :D

overseasmel

#6 Post by overseasmel »

Your teeth look awesome! Congrats!

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

LongInTheT

congratulations!

#7 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, Jaswi!
Your teeth look SO good! Congratulations! This is a great encouragement and inspiration to all of us here, whether on the foothills or further on our journeys. You must be so pleased!
Make sure to post the braceless pics..

All the best, LITT

flesh-was-sweet

#8 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

You know, I'm looking at those first pictures and I'm thinking 8 spacers - OWWWWWW!!!!' I only had 4 and that was bad enough haha!

Your progress is wonderful, your teeth look amazing! Can't wait to see them when the braces are removed!

jaswi

#9 Post by jaswi »

Just gotta survive through Sunday and Monday now, then these suckers are GOOOOONEEEE.. So soon I can almost taste it. Its been a long month.

jaswi

#10 Post by jaswi »

Okay, I got em off today and couldn't be happier.

How the ending went...

First day, I went in and they took off all the bands except the very back on each quadrant, and only left the 4 canine brackets on. Then they tied wireties between the remaining teeth to help pull the molar band gaps shut. The next day, I went in, they plucked the rest of the hardware off, then scraped and scraped and scraped then took the little dremel to the rest of the cement. Took about an hour. Then I took x-rays again, pictures and 4 impressions (2 for retainers[hawleys incoming] and 2 for study models.

Here's the end result:
and here is a shot of the man behind the teeth.

lovelyleo

#11 Post by lovelyleo »

congrats on your journey. your teeth look awesome. this gives me some encouragement cause it seems like these things will never come off some days.

Debrace DAY Monday June 14th!!!!
24-30 month estimated treatment time

danish

#12 Post by danish »

those teeth looks awesome! :thumbsup:

So tell us... How is it? Has it been worth it?
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

artist_appeal_791

#13 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Congrats to us!!
You're teeth look great!
:-)o
Enjoy your free of metal teefs!

jaswi

#14 Post by jaswi »

Yes, definitely worth it! I'll be happy to get my retainers on monday so I know they aren't moving on me, though.. thats for sure.

jaswi

#15 Post by jaswi »

Got my retainers today. Hawleys top and bottom. Red. Going to be tough learning to talk with these things.