Last teeth (2nd Molars) not banded?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vegathestar

Last teeth (2nd Molars) not banded?

#1 Post by vegathestar »

Hi everyone, i'm 5 months into my treatment and I realised my 2nd molars are not banded at all but they're awfully crooked. :? They're tipped outwards (slanted towards the insides of my cheeks) and they cause bad ulcers sometimes.

Anyone else in the same predicament? I developed my 2nd molars when I was around the age of 13-14 and I started getting 'jaw locking problems' ever since. I've looked up on the internet and I think thats called TMJ?
Would I be potentially screwing up my TMJ even more if I request for my orthodentist to straighten my 2nd molars with brackets?

Clairebear1993

Re: Last teeth (2nd Molars) not banded?

#2 Post by Clairebear1993 »

Ur ortho is the best person to answer ur question... I think u should just ask his opinion
I am no expert only having mine on for 2 days but mine arnt banded at all either so I don't know (mine tilt in towards my tounge) I am going to ask at my next appointment about it
Hi...

Baby canine removed: between 2002 & 2004
Started seeing orthodontists:2004
Started with current orthodontist: april 2011
Wisdom teeth surgically removed: 13/4/2012
Spacers: 29/5/1012
Braces (upper and lower): 7/6/2012-10/7/2013
Permanent retainer (upper front 6 teeth, lower front 8 teeth): current

Bracer215

#3 Post by Bracer215 »

My second molars were not banded until 10 months into treatment. I am now about 17 mo into treatment and the second molars are aligned with the rest of my teeth. You may want to ask you ortho if he intends to band them in the future. :D

ashesgap

#4 Post by ashesgap »

Mine were banded around the 6th month. Wasn't something I ever talked to the ortho about, and he just decided in the middle of an appointment that they were going on. It is a good idea to ask, especially if that's an area of concern for you.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Noni

#5 Post by Noni »

My 2 nd molar is not bonded as well , although My crossbite is being corrected but every time I visit my ortho I ask him about the lower left second molar b/c I feel that it needs to be pushed slightly inwards but he thinks that it's fine !

I remember when I had my braces for the first time (as this is my second journey in braces :| ) I had molar bands on my second molars.

Each case has its own requirements and each ortho sees it differently

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update