Unhappy teeth's story- Updated with photos (page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

callmeswtmisery

#46 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Ok Unhappy Teeth be honest with me!!! How many days where you out of it when they pulled your teeth?

Unhappy teeth

#47 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Wow! I have made it to the 3 month mark. That means I could be a quarter of the way through my treatment (or only one sixth), time has flown. :D

Am off to the ortho tomorrow for adjustment number 2. I have the normal pre-dentist nerves but am hoping it will go as smoothly last time, although my teeth are a little tender so I definitely need to remember the painkillers! I have about 5 or 6 mm of archwire sticking out the back of my last bracket, lots of movement. My extraction gap has really started to close. I don't think my lowers have moved so will have to take photos to check.

Hopefully will get photos up tomorrow

Miranbrady20

#48 Post by Miranbrady20 »

can't wait to see em!!!

LaLaDee

#49 Post by LaLaDee »

Unhappy teeth: Thanks for stopping by! I was so disturbed by my dream, I actually got up and looked in the mirror to make sure all my teeth were still there. Do you have teeth dreams often? I hope that they lessen once I'm braced. Looking forward to your pics...

callmeswtmisery

#50 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Unhappy Teeth,

How did your adjustment go yesterday? I can't wait to see pic's!!!

Unhappy teeth

#51 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Just returned from adjustment number 2, it was a little bit painful, especially the left side of my upper jaw (where the most movement has been) as my teeth are pretty tender at the mo.

I have thicker wires top and bottom (I think she said 0.14 on the top and 0.16 on the bottom). I still have the same spring on the top but a new piece of powerchain.

Apparently, I am developing an open bite so my last 2 molars on my lower jar have been left off the archwire for the time being. My ortho also used what she called "zing string" to attach my lower left canine to the arch wire (a thin rubber string which she tied).

Here are the pics showing my closing gap, first one taken 1st June and the 2nd taken today (before my adjustment hence stained powerchain!):

Image Image

callmeswtmisery

#52 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Unhappy Teeth,

Your teeth are looking GREAT!!! That gap is closing really fast!!!!! Look at all of that wire you have on that one side!!!! That is great!!!

BracedVeryLate

#53 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Hi Unhappy Teeth,
your teeth are getting more aligned, they are looking great.
I was always wondering what the lingual braces looked like, now I know!

Is this the first time you got a thicker wire? I was wondering that too. My ortho doesn't seem to have any kind of schedule to let me know what's coming!

take care,
Patricia

catfish

#54 Post by catfish »

Hi Unhappy teeth, I just got caught up on your story. I'm amazed by how fast your teeth are moving. At the rate you're going, you're going to have to change your user name to "happy teeth" pretty soon!

Good luck with the rest of your journey, and keep the pics coming. It's great to watch your progress!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Memran

#55 Post by Memran »

Got to agree with everyone else's comments. Great progress indeed :D
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

Miranbrady20

#56 Post by Miranbrady20 »

go movement go movement!! woot!

jenny101101

#57 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Unhappy Teeth,

WOW!! :shock: That gap is closing very nicely! Glad to see you're doing so great!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Unhappy teeth

#58 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Thanks swtmisery, BracedVeryLate, Catfish, Memran, Necra and Jenny for stopping by and for the nice comments. It's been a while since I posted as school has been crazy but now the summer hols are here I've got time to catch up on everyone's stories again.

The couple of days after my adjustment were hard going, I kept waking up with headaches but everything has settled down again. There still doesn't seem to be much change on my lowers despite the thicker wire. Will have to take some new photos to do a comparison.

LaLaDee: I had another dream last night about my front two teeth cracking and my ortho telling me there was nothing she could do about it! I hate these teeth dreams :(

BracedVeryLate: It is the first time I've had new archwires, I also don't really know what the plan/schedule is. I'm too afraid to ask just incase she tells me that my treatment time will be longer!

xTc

#59 Post by xTc »

Great story!

I was wondering whether you could give me some information on how your speech came along over time?

It can't be that bad as you don't seem to mention speech/discomfort very much!

Unhappy teeth

#60 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Well, I can't believe another month has flown by and I have still been very slack at keeping up to date on here! 4 months into my brace journey and I am off for my 3rd adjustment on Monday. I am a little bit worried about my teeth at the moment.

* I have a very open bite due to my left molars having shifted and this is making eating even more difficult.

* My front teeth seem to be even more unlevel, one is much lower than the other (at my last appointment my ortho did say she would address this soon)

* My upper right first bicuspid has moved forward and seems really prominent, it doesn't seem to be sitting in line properly anymore

* My bottom teeth really don't seem to be moving

* AND I have a loose bracket (wobbly but not totally come off the tooth)

I am hoping that my ortho will be able to ease some of my concerns on Monday! On the plus side, my gap is still closing although not quite as quickly as last month. PLEASE excuse the staining in the pic (I drink far too much tea and forgot to brush my teeth before taking the pic :oops: )

First photo is 3 months, second photo is 4 months:

Image Image

xTc: My speech is loads better! I still think I have a slight lisp but my friends assure me that they can't hear it. My tongue is totally used to the linguals now, the only discomfort I have is after an adjustment. Hope that helps you make your decision whether to get them!