bracedagain-Ken now againbrace!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miranbrady20

#1 Post by Miranbrady20 »

eek i hate starting over again!

sdawdy

#2 Post by sdawdy »

stinks you had to start over...but at least you are back!!!!!! at least your story is still here!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

you have always been able to give some really good advise to all of us out here....

LongInTheT

hi

#3 Post by LongInTheT »

hi, Ken/againbraced,

How are the braces, and the cars?
Wonder how the weather's been yr way this winter? Much colder than usual here (a few days of snow and the buses didn't run for a day back in Jan, 1st time since WW2 apparently) but now the daffodils are out and it looks like spring!
I've had braces for nearly a year now -wld feel so weird without them!! like Athy I actually do like them..
All best, LITT

catfish

#4 Post by catfish »

Hey Ken, thanks for stopping by my story!

I've never heard of a "false pocket" before, but it doesn't sound good, especially for a perio patient. Does that mean your tooth moved too fast and pulled the gums away from the roots? I hope the wait is all it will take to fix it.

I can't believe you had temps in the 70's. We had snow here on Sunday - it is not supposed to snow in March in the Pacific Northwest! (At least not west of the Cascades.) We've had a lot of snow this winter and it's really strange.

Sorry to hear you're going in for surgery on Monday. Like your dental woes aren't enough! Well good luck with that, and I hope it goes very well for you. Any idea how long you'll be recovering? Hope to hear from you as soon as you feel well enough to get back online.

Hey - can you put some pics on your new braces story? It would be nice to see how you're doing.
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

starzz

#5 Post by starzz »

Hey Ken,

My next adjustment is April 1, 2009 too -- no fooling! :jokerlaugh:
Any jokes planned for your ortho or staff?
Here are a couple ideas of things I might say:

1) I'm tired of fixed braces and decided I want to do Invisilign after all; can I switch for the rest of my treatment?

2) I've decided I want to wear braces and headgear as part of my Halloween costume -- can we wait until at least November to remove my braces? Can you help me find some headgear? Will you install colored ligs on my self-ligating clear brackets? Which colors are the hottest teens wearing this year?
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

brika

#6 Post by brika »

You guys are cracking me up with your April Fools talk! Hahaha, you SO have to do something! :twisted:

And best of luck with your surgery on Monday, Ken! Make sure to take it easy afterward and get everyone else to pamper you! ;)

starzz

#7 Post by starzz »

Or I could tell them I'm sick of braces and I want them removed TODAY :wink:
Ask how's business with the current economy and propose they expand their services to include speed dating 8) -- adults only :jokerlaugh:

browneyedgrl

#8 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Ken,

Just dropping by to say "HELLO"!!! Good luck with your surgery on Monday. Have a speedy recovery!!!

I would definitely pull some sort of April Fools joke on them, I'm sure that they expect it.

Take care,

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

LongInTheT

good luck

#9 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, Ken,

So sorry you have to have surgery. Good luck on Monday!

My April Fool idea; I make an appointment to see my dentist and say I'm fed up with all this dentist and ortho stuff and want all my teeth taken out!

I've a National Health dentist and am fairly sure I'd get dentures for free - so it would be really worth it with no more payments for hygenist every 3 months and perio check every yr (sadly I'd have to keep up the payments for the braces..)!!

Tonight I was trying to check whether dentures are free for everyone witha NHS dentist or only for people on benefits, and my son miss-heard my question. He thgt (momentarily at least) I was actually going to get all my teeth taken out - a sort of unintentional advance april fool. He seemed a tad surprised given how much I clean the little dears!!

All the best, LITT

iBorg

#10 Post by iBorg »

Hey stranger... man that's a bummer. I really hope that they decided you don't need surgery but if you do, I hope your recovery is quick.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

catfish

#11 Post by catfish »

Wow - what a bizarre thing! I didn't know you'd already had one false start. Geeze, I hope you can get this operation done and behind you pretty soon!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

ripchord

#12 Post by ripchord »

Sorry your surgery got postponed! Hopefully things will go well this time.
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

Miranbrady20

#13 Post by Miranbrady20 »

i would still be pissed about the whole thing! I hate waiting for things esp things that i would be nervous about doing!!... I've always been afraid of going under and to have gone under for no reason and to have to wait again! eek... scarry stuff I hope third time is a charm for you! good luck

browneyedgrl

#14 Post by browneyedgrl »

Ken,

Sorry to hear of your ordeal, that totally stinks!!! I truly believe in 3x a charm (which I have experienced).

Good luck with everything!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

starzz

#15 Post by starzz »

Hey Ken,

Good news about your :heart:. Better to have a conservative doctor than the alternative... Now that I read it's kidney surgery, I guess this is unrelated to you teeth/mouth/jaw. Hopefully you can have the surgery soon :thumbsup: