Tommm's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*tap*

#76 Post by *tap* »

hey tom your teeth are looking awsome, i bet you'll be done in another 8/9 months. you must be really happy with how things are progressing! hope it continues :)
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

Tommm

#77 Post by Tommm »

6 months and 6/7 adjustments??

I officially lost count of my adjustments but it was my 6 month braceversary on 7/26. I can't believe how much has changed in the last 6 months! The teeth have been fairly straight for a while and I was really worried about my bite. I've had elastics for 2 months or so now and the change to my bite is incredible. I had a crazy open bite after my teeth straightened out. This was my bite at month 4:

That's how my teeth looked fully closed. My open bite went down to about 1mm of space with class 3 elastics (2 months) and box elastics (1 month). Then my ortho gave me some new box elastics on the front and 7 hours later my teeth looked like this:

Holy smokes! As I write this my front teeth are actually overlapping and my open bite is totally gone. These braces and rubber bands are truly "magic"! :)

Anyways, that's my story as it continues. I can't wait to be free, but until then it's great to know that we're fighting through this together.

pisceangirl

#78 Post by pisceangirl »

Wow Tommm - your teeth are progressing soooo fast!

Yay!!!!

milliondollar

#79 Post by milliondollar »

tom, i am so excited for you and know just how you feel! my ortho put me in vertical bands on just my second adjustment and it completely closed my open bite in just weeks! has he talked to you about how stable it will be once braces/elastics come off?

Tommm

#80 Post by Tommm »

Thanks for the support guys! I'm not sure how stable it is once the braces come off but I'm guessing I'll have to keep the braces on for a while after they become set and then wear my retainer 24/7 for a year or so. I can live with a retainer but I just can't wait to get the brackets off so I can eat whatever I want :)

ps. Piscean - Let's see an update of your story! It's funny how a lot of us from about 6-7 month people aren't that crazy about posting anymore. Guess it got old lol ;)

amandad09

#81 Post by amandad09 »

How are things going these days Tomm?

It's been a while since I've been on here too. I've updated my blog though. Finally seeing progress! :D

I can't believe we are getting so close to our 1 year braceaversary!!!!
My Journey with Braces: http://bracingit.blogspot.com/
(updated: 11/9/10)

1/15/09: Lower Braces, Upper 4 brackets
1/27/09: Upper Palate Expander
2/25/09: 3 Teeth Extracted
6/22/09: EXPANDER WAS REMOVED!!!! =]
11/9/10: Cross Elastic Started
10/19/11: Next Adjustment

Tommm

#82 Post by Tommm »

Hey Amanda! I can't believe how amazing your upper arch looks! I forgot how cool it is to compare current teeth to past teeth. Your progress is unbelievable.

I've been taking my progress for granted but I'll do a full update soon.

*tap*

#83 Post by *tap* »

looking good tommm congrat :) i cant believe that happened in 7 hours crazy how things change so quick makes me almost excited to get elastics again. i bet you'll be done before me :P
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

Tommm

#84 Post by Tommm »

10 month update!!

It's been forever since I've posted a full update but I think that today is a good day for it. I just got back from an ortho appointment. One of my upper teeth is showing some signs of early root resorption (bad) so she wants to finish things up soon (great!). She said that the braces are going to be off in 3-4 months. Hurrrrraaaayyy!!!!!!!!!!!

In the past 4 months I've had a million rubber bands in my mouth (exaggerated from 5) and my bite has changed significantly. Just had an IPR done today (no pain at all contrary to some past reports) and have been wearing powerchains for the last 2 months (I hate how they stain!). I can't wait to have these things out of my mouth so I can eat some food and not worry about things getting into all of these nooks and crannies. I can't wait to smile without the feeling of ceramic dragging across my lips. I just can't wait until I'm FREE! Gaaahhh!

Alas I do have to touch base and enjoy the journey. There's still a lot of life to live in 3-4 months and I'm going to do my best to enjoy the ride. I hope that you're all enjoying your journey as well!

Now on to the pics!

Day 5:

Today:

1 Month:

Today:

1 Month:

Today:

Thanks to the "about 10 months" crew for motivating me to do this. I haven't looked at my old pics in a while and this makes me really happy about having braces :).

whiskers00182

#85 Post by whiskers00182 »

wow!! your teeth look very awesome! great job!!!

whiskers00182

#86 Post by whiskers00182 »

ive had power chains both on the top and bottom, on the bottom ive now had for 4 month. I have clear braces like you and I totally agree on the staining!!! its awful with the power chain! dont eat pickles, trust me! This last time though they gave me a silver one that doesnt stain like at all!! I have pictures in my story showing what the silver looks like if you want to see it. But it sounds like your getting them off soon, so hopefully you wont have to worry about it!!!

Rachel B

#87 Post by Rachel B »

Great progress Tommm. You're really lucky to be getting free soon! Your teeth look amazing and the progress is astounding!

Rach x

amandad09

#88 Post by amandad09 »

WOW!!! :D 3-4 months....... I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!! :roll:
My Journey with Braces: http://bracingit.blogspot.com/
(updated: 11/9/10)

1/15/09: Lower Braces, Upper 4 brackets
1/27/09: Upper Palate Expander
2/25/09: 3 Teeth Extracted
6/22/09: EXPANDER WAS REMOVED!!!! =]
11/9/10: Cross Elastic Started
10/19/11: Next Adjustment

Tommm

#89 Post by Tommm »

HOHOHO! I guess Christmas came late or I got an early birthday present because my ortho told me today that:

MY BRACES ARE COMING OFF IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!

I'm soooooo happy that it's ridiculous. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life! I'll update with pics once it's done and I'm a free man. Cheers! :)

cheyeaitsxchelsea

#90 Post by cheyeaitsxchelsea »

Woah thats amazing! How long was your "said" sentence?