LongInTheT's story - power chain at work **pic**!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LongInTheT

Long In The T's story - 3rd adjustment, with pics

#31 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, bracesweden and catfish. Thanks for your replies. I'm seeing my perio at the end of the month, so fingers crossed..

Anyway, had my third adjustment on Tuesday (Sept 16th).
My ortho says my teeth are moving well, and she cld particularly see this as she hadn't seen me for a long time - she was on holiday when I had my second adjustment.
My ortho put a new wire on the top arch. She said it was a thicker one and I think it does look a little thicker (at least when I stare in the mirror really hard!). She wanted to put a square one in to start closing the gaps but couldn't yet - I have to go back in 6 weeks so maybe then... She didn't replace the bottom wire as she said some teeth were still rotated - maybe something about the roots - anyone know what she meant?
I guess we all bond with our orthos 'cause they are doing so much for us, and I feel the same. She is friendly and seems interested in me as a person, which is really nice....

Here are some pics....

September 17th
September 17th
This above is 18.09. It shows another big gap that needs closing...
Found this one of my teeth just before the spacers..
And another, 30.03.08
And another September 18th..
That's the final one...

LongInTheT

Long In The T's story - transparent power chain!!

#32 Post by LongInTheT »

Went for an adjustment last week, and my ortho asked her assistant to pass a power chain. I was thinking 'not more metal...' but when I looked in my mouth afterwards it is transparent, a sort of rubber band wrapped tight around my top 6 teeth.
Anyway, it has really done some work - yay! The gap between my top front teeth had narrowed A LOT by the next day, and now they look like they actually belong together! I'm so happy!!

catfish

#33 Post by catfish »

Oh how cool! I hope you post a pic so we can see the change!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

LongInTheT

#34 Post by LongInTheT »

Catfish: Thanks for your comment. Here is a pic! (My teeth look a bit yellow in places here, but I don't think they are..). Way down the line my ortho is going to move my front teeth apart again and take a slice off each to get rid of the remaining odd triangle gap at top, then re-close gap.

Bracedagain: I loved your opening/shutting jaws image - where did you find that, I wonder? Oh, and Ken, reading your comment bout 'power chain status' was quite intriguing, especially when I noticed you have a power chain on bottom row too - I suppose I'll have pcs all over the place once my ortho starts to move my gaps back??

Anyway, went for an adjustment last week and my ortho was pleased with the gap-closing, but couldn't do anything new for the time being as I had some 'mobile' teeth at the bottom (old lack of regular amount of bone problem). But I still feel v. pleased with progress...

Oh, and having known nothing at all about powerchains I didn't know they could stain.. 5 weeks into the chain I ate an Indian takeaway and the chain turned bright yellow...! V. luckily I was seeing the hygienist the next day and she changed the chain for me... Seems there's always something new to learn/experience with this ortho stuff!

Last edited by LongInTheT on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stayc1803

#35 Post by Stayc1803 »

wow! its looking great!

LongInTheT

thanks for the comments

#36 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, Stayc1803 and Ken: thanks for the comments. It is so good to get feedback on how things are going...

It is amazing that power chains can work so fast. I didn't know anything about them till my ortho put mine on..

Not sure about the colours, though, Ken, as I have to talk the whole time in my job.. Sounds quite practical, though, and I kinda like the idea of showing off my braces with colour. Don't know if my ortho does colours, either, but she must have them for kids I suppose... Anyway, as I don't have colours I did have this stupid idea of buying some bits of thin (white?) ribbon and winding it around the wires for Christmas - thought it wld look suitably silly for Christmas... Wouldn't eat with ribbon on, though, in case something broke... Maybe a bad idea anyway as a bracket or 2 might pop...

How's the winter weather down your ways? It's been really cold here for a bit, at least for England (enough for gloves, scarves as well as usual coats). The gulf stream was supposed to look after us...

Miranbrady20

#37 Post by Miranbrady20 »

HEY! wow your teeth look absolutly amazing!!! its been a while since i been on here how are you doing!?

LongInTheT

hi

#38 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, XXNECRAXX,

Thank you for your comment on my teeth. I've been pleased with the progress, too, but it is so nice to get other people's views. I haven't posted for a while, either, and since then I have had IPR on my 2 front teeth. That has brought them together a lot more. This has narrowed the 2, of course, but I think the effect will be fine once all's done... .... must post a pic some time...

How're you doing? I read somewhere that you are going to NYC again. I totally loved it last summer. Now stuck with another blast of wintry weather here in the uk, just when the daffodils were coming out... Do you feel as if you've had braces on FOR EVER? I do, but in an ok way, like they are part of me and my personality now...It would be so strange to not have them...

PatJ

LongInTheT's story - power chain at work **pic**!!

#39 Post by PatJ »

LongInTheT,
Your teeth are looking marvellous. I have a gap and huge black triangle with my front top teeth and IPR is going to happen soon! My ortho is pretty relaxed about it, but I have to ask you, did the IPR hurt? And did you find that your teeth were more sensitive afterwards? I'm anxious for my gap to be closed but just want to know what I'm in for!

Pat

LongInTheT

hi, PatJ

#40 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, PatJ,

Thank you for the comment on my teeth.

As for the IPR, it didn't hurt at all. My ortho just told me to rinse with fluoride mouthwash each night for 10 days until the enamel had re-formed (but that was no prob as I do the mouth wash anyway). I'd been a bit nervous of the IPR as I thought I'd get a gap again for a while, and that'd be kinda going backwards for a bit. BUT the weird thing was that the gap closed again within just one hour!!

Good luck with your IPR!

LongInTheT

Brace Day 1st Anniversary!

#41 Post by LongInTheT »

Bit of a worry about braces last few days. Nearly posted something here eg 'Help! What shall I do?' but in end phoned ortho.

Thing is the gap between my front teeth has opened up again since my last adjustment on 23rd March! It's nothing like it was, but noticeable (my hubbie likes to be reassuring re teeth these days as he thinks they are a lot improved but does say can see gap, also I can now fit a yellow tee-pee brush between my teeth instead of a pink as of before adjustment). I really don't like the gap!!

Also makes me realise how mobile these stupid teeth are! :( :cry:

Anyway, after pondering makin fuss/is it making a fuss phoned ortho yesterday. She said that gap prob opened as she didn't put a power chain on with the new wires (I thgt it mgt be that). She is on holiday from today, but has arranged for my dentist to put a power chain on tomorrow! :)

She also said that if the power chain wasn't on the gap would open up completely. This wld look definitley not great, esp since the IPR, so I'm really glad I phoned! :)

So a strange 1st Year Braces Anniversary Day. Hopefully soon able to eye those close-together teeth again as stare in the mirror with the usual braces 'what's moving on?' look... :lol: Off to the Lake District on Friday - will definitely enjoy it more for knowing that gap is being sorted, too..

LongInTheT

thanks for the fireworks

#42 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, Ken,

Thanks for the 1year congrats and the fireworks! One year really does feel like a milestone! Still, tomorrow will be even better with a power-chain back on!! :) :lol: And, tho silly, will enjoy hol even more knowing this is being sorted...

Only just discovered that edit doesn't work anymore as wanted to start with something about sad gap so maybe ticker factory will have to do it...

How are you? How was yr last adjustment?

Image :) :)

ripchord

#43 Post by ripchord »

Happy brace day! I hope things work out for you!
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

LongInTheT

Hi, ripchord

#44 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, ripchord,
Thanks for the congrats. One year really does seem a milestone, esp as I felt SO self-conscious when braces first on and now can't imagine life without them!!

Ken: so glad the teeth are on the move again! Lucky you to have coloured powerchains (my ortho just does clear)! Still, I'll just be glad to get the powerchain back on tomorrow...

ripchord

#45 Post by ripchord »

That's good that you are less self conscientious of your braces now :D I used to be, and now looking back I regret it. Braces really aren't as big of a deal to people as they are to the wearer. Wear them proudly! :) Good luck with your powerchain tomorrow! They always worked very well for me, so I'd imagine you should be seeing results very soon.
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!