New Member and will start a Story today!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Algabo

#31 Post by Algabo »

Ok, I just wanted to let everyone know that my second set of trays now feel more confortable and I feel almost no pressure at all, even when reinserting them after eating and brushing.

Looking forward for my next set of trays... still 12 days to go :(

Algabo

#32 Post by Algabo »

I forgot to ask, what is eveyone's opinion on IPR, I had quite of it done last visit and I wasn't all that happy about it at first, but I guess it's not that noticeable at the end, but I wanted to now if it has any negativity on the long run, or if it can cause any problems?

Thanks!

Algabo

#33 Post by Algabo »

Meryaten, thank you very much for the link, I found it very helpful!

So I guess I have nothing to worry about having IPR done. Yey!

Algabo

#34 Post by Algabo »

Hello everyone, so its been about a month and a couple of days since I got my first set of aligners. I am on aligner #3 now, I got it in on the 1st of January, I put it on before bedtime and they didn't feel that tight, next morning they were as good as if it where my 13th day with them.

Teeth are looking great! I can see changes each second day after a new aligner goes in, I will post pics soon to show you guys the progress.

Well, I just wanted to share some updates and I look up to the 14th of this month to get my 4th aligner.

Happy new year to everyone by the way!

Algabo

#35 Post by Algabo »

Ok, so 4th aligner is in, this is my 2/3th day with it and there is one tooth which is killing me! it hurts so bad, but only when I take the aligner off. Teeths are looking great by the way, I decided not to post pics until #5 or 6 so you guys can see a bigger change.

Algabo

#36 Post by Algabo »

ok, so today is my 8th day with my 4th set of aligners, and pain is gone since 4 days ago. Now I am just looking and comparing my current aligner and my past one with the 5th... not much difference though, but I guess it all adds up a little bit. Pics soon.

Algabo

#37 Post by Algabo »

Today I had an appointment at the docs... I've been with aligner 5 some 6 or 7 days, and he just gave me aligner 6 and 7 and made me put 6 in?!?!? Well, I sure was happy, and I dont think something bad will happen, but feels weird to cheat. Anyway, things look pretty good, and I will post pics later, I want you guys to notice the big difference!

invisible

IPR

#38 Post by invisible »

Algabo wrote:Some more IPR was done too on almost all my upper teeth (.3mm on the front teeth and .5 on the ones before the canines).
Algabo wrote:....I had quite of it done last visit and I wasn't all that happy about it at first...
Hi Algabo, was wondering in total how much IPR did you have.

My dentist was planning just under 3.0mm in total. Including .5 like yours for one.

Algabo

Re: IPR

#39 Post by Algabo »

invisible wrote:
Algabo wrote:Some more IPR was done too on almost all my upper teeth (.3mm on the front teeth and .5 on the ones before the canines).
Algabo wrote:....I had quite of it done last visit and I wasn't all that happy about it at first...
Hi Algabo, was wondering in total how much IPR did you have.

My dentist was planning just under 3.0mm in total. Including .5 like yours for one.
Invisible, the doc supposedly did .3 in some and .5 in others. That was going to be it, but last visit he told me he may needed to do some more to make more space for the teeth to move. He passed a dental floss in between my teeth, and if it got just a little stuck, then he'll did some more. So I guess quite a bit of IPR was done, how much? I dont know to be sincere. But I guess 3mm is quite a bit too. Just make sure he'll guarantee you your teeth wont look much smaller!