New Member and will start a Story today!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Algabo

#16 Post by Algabo »

Ok, so its now 8:30 at night and I got my invisaligns at 11:00 am. One thing I can tell you... I am so desperate!! I want to rip them off! they hurt, they are uncomfortable, but they really are invisible! Ok, so I know I'm a little frustrated as I should be the first day, I wasnt expecting this much disconfort!

I got one attachment on the upper teeth and 6 attachments on the lower teeth, and let me tell you, the bottom tray is almost imposible to take off, upper is quite easy actually. The doctor told me that mayble an attachment would come off while trying to take off my lower tray, and voila! 2 came off the really first time I took them off.

I've taken 2 advils and lets hope the discomfort goes away.

I got IPR on 4 different places, I thought it was too much, even thought the doc said he was going to trim about .2 and .5 mm on different places, but I saw after he was done and the I couldn't tell the diferrence.

I am very happy I went with invisalign instead of ceramics, but I do sometimes want to take them off! I've had eaten twice already, and being a male and carrying the plastic "tray" container + a tooth-brush + toothe paste + mouth wash in your pocket is a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, I hope everything goes out smooth and I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow with MUCH less discomfort.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone!

Pics with aligners in:

Devushka

#17 Post by Devushka »

Thanks for sharing your story and pics with us! It is nice so many people do that here. Then I am able to see many peoples' teeth with the aligners in. It helps alleviate the fears that I will be the person whose invisalign isn't so invisible or something. Everyones look amazing.

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow!

Algabo

#18 Post by Algabo »

Thanks Devushka, actually I thought that given the position of my teeth my invisaligns were going to be more visible, but thats not the case, they are really invisible.

Ok, so today is my second day with the trays, and when I woke up I felt them less tight than yesterday, now its not all that bad, I'm actually enjoying them. One thing though, each time I take them out to eat, and I take 20 minutes eating, when I put them back in they feel very tight again, as if my teeth positioned back to their original position... anyway, I know this is normal but its a pain in the neck to put up with the pressure again after being comfortable. Kind of makes you not want to eat.

Thanks to everyone for reading and I'll keep you guys posted.

diehard

#19 Post by diehard »

just remember every set is different on some they might not feel tight at all when u put back in after eating :)

Algabo

#20 Post by Algabo »

Diehard, today is my third day, and everyting is back to normal. After I eat and I put my aligners back in, they dont feel tight at all. Time to remove them was aprox 1 min for the upper and 12 min for the lower, now it is about 6 seconds for the upper and 20 seconds for the lower.

diehard

#21 Post by diehard »

trust me after a few months of trays u will look forward to the trays being tight and hate the thought of wearing a slack tray for 12 days :lol:

nogota

#22 Post by nogota »

I completely agree with diehard. I look forward to the tightness now, because loose trays bug the heck out of me. It feels like I have gum (which I hate, I know I'm strange) or something in my mouth all the time. I play with the loose trays relentlessly, which is aggravating to me but I can't stop.

Bottomline, the pain sucks, but looseness isn't great either :wink:

Algabo

Update

#23 Post by Algabo »

Ok, so today I went in for my second set of aligners (was given the third as I'm going on vacation and won't be here when the third's are due). I got glued 2 attachments which fell the first time I took out my first set of aligners.

Some more IPR was done too on almost all my upper teeth (.3mm on the front teeth and .5 on the ones before the canines). I tried to compare the 1st, 2nd and 3rd aligners to see difference in tooth movement and I couln't see any... but I surely felt it once they were in. Ha, and I thought the first ones were tight, this ones were unbearable, but after some 20 minutes the pain or "pressure" were almost gone. It is too bad the doc kept my 1st set, becaue I wanted to put the new ones before going to bed but he tolm me no. I also asked "what if" I broke or lost an aligner, shouldn't I go back one set? he told me no, they will not brake, and you will not loose it, but if I do loose it, then I shall go one set forward (yeyy!)

Ok, so the 2nd set went in at about 2pm, it is now 12am and the pressure is gone, although when I took them out to eat dinner, I almost ripped my teeth, and they were sooo sore, but the worst was when putting them in.

I will not post pics as not much difference can be seen, but I will in a month.

Anyway, any feedback is welcome and good luck to anyone else!

diehard

#24 Post by diehard »

please trust this advice put them in 1/2 hour or so before bed and sleep through the worst of it, it would drive me nuts wearing them for hours and then having to make the decision if its worth the pain to eat something or not :roll:

Algabo

#25 Post by Algabo »

diehard wrote:please trust this advice put them in 1/2 hour or so before bed and sleep through the worst of it, it would drive me nuts wearing them for hours and then having to make the decision if its worth the pain to eat something or not :roll:
diehard, even though the 2nd set went in yesterday, even today when having dinner my teeth hurt like hell! I dont know why is it taking this long for the pain to go away, anyway, this aligners are tilting my teeth inward as far as I can tell, and also widening my molars, which makes me wonder if that's why its taking this long and why it hurts so much.

diehard

#26 Post by diehard »

the 1st few trays are always the worse it will get better i promise u may get the odd bad 1 after that but it will be just a painful memory (pardon the pun) of the past :lol:

Algabo

#27 Post by Algabo »

Ok, I just wanted to let everyone know that my second set of trays now feel more confortable and I feel almost no pressure at all, even when reinserting them after eating and brushing.

Looking forward for my next set of trays... still 12 days to go :(

Algabo

#28 Post by Algabo »

I forgot to ask, what is eveyone's opinion on IPR, I had quite of it done last visit and I wasn't all that happy about it at first, but I guess it's not that noticeable at the end, but I wanted to now if it has any negativity on the long run, or if it can cause any problems?

Thanks!

Algabo

#29 Post by Algabo »

Meryaten, thank you very much for the link, I found it very helpful!

So I guess I have nothing to worry about having IPR done. Yey!

Algabo

#30 Post by Algabo »

Hello everyone, so its been about a month and a couple of days since I got my first set of aligners. I am on aligner #3 now, I got it in on the 1st of January, I put it on before bedtime and they didn't feel that tight, next morning they were as good as if it where my 13th day with them.

Teeth are looking great! I can see changes each second day after a new aligner goes in, I will post pics soon to show you guys the progress.

Well, I just wanted to share some updates and I look up to the 14th of this month to get my 4th aligner.

Happy new year to everyone by the way!