Finally getting braces in my mid-30s

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

desertd

Finally getting braces in my mid-30s

#1 Post by desertd »

Finally got my consultation after years of heeing and hawing. Getting my braces on next month, bottom to start with. Ortho says I have a Class II overbite and a crossbite on my right side due primarily to bottom right molars being flared out. He'll add a lingual arch between my bicuspids for stability. 8-10 months to fix that and then one tooth out on the upper right side & then top braces, 16-20 months, for a total sentence of 24-30 months.

Anyone ever get bottom braces first? Also is there anything I need to worry about with that long of a sentence?

Overall I'm glad I'm doing this finally & can't wait to officially get started.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

Memran

Re: Finally getting braces in my mid-30s

#2 Post by Memran »

Hello!

Congratulation on your decision to improve your teeth.

I think it's fairly common to get top and bottom done at different times. I got my upper brace on about a month before the bottom.

At this stage the time will seem like a huge amount, but in reality, it passes pretty quickly. Having braces becomes normal, and then before you know it, you'll be finished!

I wish you all the best! :D
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!