Molar aches & headaches

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

funshine

Molar aches & headaches

#1 Post by funshine »

For the last couple of weeks it seems as if my molars have been aching a bit. Almost everyday I find myself with a headache, as well. Do you think these are related? Anyone else have braces-related headaches? :?

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I had that problem for a while a year or so back. My molars were being moved a lot and were very tender. I would clench my teeth in my sleep and the pain would wake me up and I'd almost have to force my mouth back open to release the pressure, and I had almost constant low grade headaches.
Hopefully once your bite shifts a bit you will not be so uncomfortable and the headaches will stop.

Miss Smiley

#3 Post by Miss Smiley »

I recently started having headaches during the day and two of my molars are quite sore. I do find myself having to unclench my jaws to relieve the soreness a bit. But this is nothing compared to the night time bruxism and clenching at the beginning of treatment.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

funshine

#4 Post by funshine »

Thanks for your responses, ladies. I try not to clenth too much. Actually my teeth don't fit well together right now so I'm trying to keep my jaw loose instead. Hoping headaches go away soon.

jmrut22

#5 Post by jmrut22 »

Yeah I usually get a headache the day after an adjustment. I used to get them all the time before the braces because of my bite. Then when I got my braces on the headaches stopped. Now I get one usually after an adjustment and thats it.
Brace Date 6/2006
BSSO 5/2008
Debanded 10/8/08 YAY!!
Hawleys top and bottom 24/7

Kjaere

#6 Post by Kjaere »

I don't have full braces on yet, just this fun pendulum moving my molars back... and everyday I have a headache and my molars ache.. no fun... I just try to remember to take advil before I eat, because I usually start hurting the most after I eat... I just try to deal with it... we'll see how it goes when I get the braces on too :roll: