Pearls - Update - 6th adjustment. Pics page 9!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dagwoman

#106 Post by dagwoman »

Pearls, looking fantastic as usual. I'm loving watching your progress.

pearls

#107 Post by pearls »

lauren wrote:Hi Pearls! I'm new to the forum and stumbled on your braces story! Things are looking AMAZING! I hope it works that well for me! (I'm looking to get ceramics in the next month hopefully).

Just let me knw if you want some feedback on stuff to do based on your schedule.

And hey, I'm a professional wedding & portrait photographer, so if your braces are off, I'll do a photo shoot free of charge for you to celebrate your new teeth! :)
WOW thanks Lauren! Your offers are so kind! A free photoshoot in Washington D.C. with naked teeth, now that would be an experience! I'm going to hold you to that!

The only thing I know of doing in D.C. is visiting the monuments. Is there anything else of significance I should do? I want to see as much of America as possible, and would hate to miss out on something!

Congratulations on decided to get braces. It has been one of the best decisions in my life, and I am very proud of myself for going through with it. You will be so glad you did it. It may be hard sometimes (very rarely for me), but it is definately worth it.

Dagwoman, your comment was so kind. It made me grin from ear to ear. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have found this forum, and how thankful I am for all the support I get from these members, and I am so grateful for that.

Pearls.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

chillin-in-grilz

#108 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

wowzers, awesome arches :)
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

Memran

#109 Post by Memran »

To be totally honest, I would have been happy with your pre-brace arches! But now they look amazing! :D
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

pearls

#110 Post by pearls »

So 2 days ago I had another adjustment. I think this makes it number 4. It was the first day I had to wait in the waiting room (school holidays) but I only had to wait for about 20 minutes. And I didn't mind because there were 2 adorable brothers playing with eachother and they kept making me laugh which was fun.

The adjustment was very quick. They are so proficient at my office. I got a new wire on top. 16 square steel were the words I think I heard. Then I got powerchains! I was actually hoping for these: a) because I was getting a little bit bored and wanted something new like elastics or a powerchain, and b) because I have a little gap on the left side of my mouth. The ortho then put ligs on top of the powerchain which I thought was interesting, and she put them on in a figure 8 position. I didn't get a new wire on the bottom because I got a new one last time! My silly canine on the lower right hasn't budged at all and it's driving me mad! It looks silly, but most importantly it hits my top lateral incisor and drives me bonkers.

Here are my pics!

That's how my canine hits my lateral incisor :(

Pearls.
Metal upper and lowers

dagwoman

#111 Post by dagwoman »

Holy crap how good are your teeth looking! Your progress is amazing. I'm loving the powerchain/lig combo up top, too.

jenny101101

#112 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Pearls,

Your teeth look amazing!! I, too, love the lig/PC combo. Are you in much discomfort/pain today?

Here's hoping that canine gets a move on! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

*melissa*

#113 Post by *melissa* »

Wow Pearls, you teeth look awesome. The light grey powerchains and pink ligs look sooo pretty together!! :D Nice work on the pics too, you seem to be quite the photographer :wink:

flesh-was-sweet

#114 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

WOW!

Those are some amazing looking teeth!!

Kristiana

#115 Post by Kristiana »

Your teeth look great! :) I bet you will have those braces off by your USA trip!

pearls

#116 Post by pearls »

Dagwoman, your comment made me laugh! It was so nice. Thank you for the compliment :)

Jenny, surprisingly I haven't really experienced any discomfort. For the first few days I couldn't do anything silly like bite into a tough peice of steak, but for the most part the powerchains have been fine!

Melissa I am always so happy to receive comments from you. You truly are a sweetheart and I'm so glad you are here in this community to brighten up my day and every other member on this forum.

Flesh - Thank you! Thank you so much. Progress is so exciting, even though at some times it feel like things are progressing backwards not forwards! i.e. that silly canine.

Kristiana - Thanks for your comment! Here's hoping to having my braces off by my USA trip! That would just be the icing on the cake!

My progress is still coming along! After almost 1 week of having a powerchain I finally see movement! The tooth next to my gap has formed a tiny gap on the other side, therefore shrinking the bigger gap! I hope both gaps continue to shrink! I'm also hoping my rotated-ish lateral incisor comes in line, and most of all I'm really really hoping my lower canine goes back into my gum a bit. That's really getting on my nerves. I don't even know why it is so high! I was looking back at my older photo's and even during my 3rd month of braces my canine was in line with all my other lowers!

Take care,
Pearls.
Metal upper and lowers

*melissa*

#117 Post by *melissa* »

pearls wrote:Melissa I am always so happy to receive comments from you. You truly are a sweetheart and I'm so glad you are here in this community to brighten up my day and every other member on this forum.
Awwww, thank you pearls, thats soooo sweet of you to say...I am glad you are here in this community toooo!!! :D

pearls

#118 Post by pearls »

Yesterday was my 6 month braces anniversary! I cannot believe it has been 6 months already! The time has absolutely flown. This means that I am 1/3 through my sentance, although I'm REALLY hoping for an earlier release date because I'm going overseas next year!

:-V

Thank you to the archwired community for making this journey so easy and interesting! I actually love watching my teeth progress, and am interested in the way things work. So thanks to each and every one of you who contribute to this forum! :)

Pearls.
Metal upper and lowers

Flaka

#119 Post by Flaka »

Your teeth are looking good Pearls. Happy 6 month Aniversary!!!! :-)o

*melissa*

#120 Post by *melissa* »

Happy 6 month anniversary, Pearls :D