Kim's 'Finally Braced' Story- NEW UPDATE 11/14 W/ PICS

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KJNELLAMORE

#106 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Thanks for all of the support everyone!

As you can see.. the space is gone now. Not sure how or why as I am still fairly sure that she only changed my ligs and did not add a tie wire/wire tie. The whole point is to get that toothie to turn just like the one beside it did.. but I don't see that happening anytime soon. But ya never know!

And for fun... here is a comparison between pre-braces, top wire on, and now (20 some-odd RPE turns later). Ignore the white stuff in the last one.. I had just put moisturizer on.

shell1426

#107 Post by shell1426 »

Looks good, Kim! Your lateral incisors have really moved! That right one is where she was supposed to put a wire tie? Looks like just ligs to me but I don't know exactly what a tie wire or wire tie looks like. Well good luck with more movement!

:tingrin:

Metal Bottoms - 20Dec2006
RPE - 24Jan2007 No more turning
Ceramic Tops - 15Feb2007

KJNELLAMORE

#108 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Well, the space is back :(. The lower space, that is. The one that showed up before, then disappeared. The one where the dumbo assistant was supposed to put a tie wire so that my other front toothie could slide in. So, I'm frustrated. The space is even bigger this time. Is it just going to keep appearing and disappearing until they do something to actually shift the tooth over.. or.. err.. until the assistant does what they're told? From what my ortho. said, the tie wire was supposed to pull the one tooth over a bit, closing the space, and leaving room for the front toothie to slide back. Make sense? Now, if only his assistant could have listened..

Working on adding some comparisons now...

Honestly, things seem to be moving A LOT more quickly than originally anticipated!

I wonder what will go on with my bottoms once that stubborn tooth is in place. To me, it seems like my lowers would look great then. But what do I know! LOL

And.. RPE Progress. I've totally lost count. I think that I did turns everyday for 2 weeks, then every other day for 3 weeks, then every third day for 2 weeks. So.. you figure that out. LOL!

SUGARANGEL

#109 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Kim,

Wow! Getting there!!!!! VERY NICE! I know you are so happy. Yes, I was wondering why tire wire not on your top teeth to hold wire???? Without it, it can loose wire and wont do any thing much. If the kind of your braces are supposed to have tie wire on it then ortho asst was supposed to put tie wire on. Could be ortho asst forgot? Why did you not call your ortho and ask why ortho asst did not put tie wire on. With Damon system braces does not required tie wire.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

samantha_lou

#110 Post by samantha_lou »

Wow, great progress Kim - that RPE has really worked for you! Your teeth are looking fantastic!
Last edited by samantha_lou on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KJNELLAMORE

#111 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Thanks guys! The assistant was only supposed to put a tie wire on one tooth, the tooth that they wanted to turn- I think. Not all teeth need them.. I *think* they are only needed to rotate teeth.

Tin Indian

#112 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Your'e teeth are really coming along in such a short time Kim, congratulations.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

shell1426

#113 Post by shell1426 »

I thought it was one of the incisors on the top that he wanted the wire tie on but now I see that stubborn little tooth on the bottom. I hope it works out and it moves! Everything else has come along quite nicely and looks very good! I hope all is going well and "stubborn" (that will be my name for that tooth LOL) starts to move for you!

:pinkbraces:

Metal Bottoms - 20Dec2006
RPE - 24Jan2007 No more turning
Ceramic Tops - 15Feb2007

KJNELLAMORE

#114 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Just got back from my appt. Let's see..

Uppers
*New wire
*Figure eight ligs.

RPE
*Turn every 3rd day for 3 more weeks :( .. then hopefully done! (though he's said that a few times, LOL)

Lowers

*Tie wire on crooked tooth (finally.. and I told him that he told the assistant last time and she didn't do it. That hurt like H-E-C-K!) What's amazing is that the space is *already* gone, and now there is a slight space in the middle (which is good.. because that tooth needs to slide over) and that tooth is ALMOST in line!

*Powerchain on right side to close up the gap so that the crooked tooth can slide in

*New figure eight ligs (she did smoke on accident.. so no color this time)

That's all for today.. was in the waiting room for 40 minutes.. that sucked! Will add some pics later.

cowlypso

#115 Post by cowlypso »

Yup, those wire ties will sure get your attention, won't they? I got 3 of those this last time. My ortho told her to put one on each canine, and then just for fun she added in an extra... Maybe your assistant and my assistant should get together sometime. Once she put the wire ties on and then the ligs, though, I definitely could feel it! The good news is that I didn't have any continuing pain.

The wire ties just hold the archwire onto the bracket more firmly than the ligs do. With rotated teeth, the ligs can stretch a bit on that angle and end up letting the archwire move away from the bracket a little so the bracket (tooth) isn't being pulled as much into the arch. Add the wire tie, and that bracket (tooth) is firmly tied to the archwire and definitely being pressured to join the arch.

belmikry

#116 Post by belmikry »

your progress is fantastic- how inspiring! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

KJNELLAMORE

#117 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Well, here are photos. No idea why, but my photos are awful today. This should give you an idea of what's going on, though.

check out the midline..
Last edited by KJNELLAMORE on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Patricia S.

#118 Post by Patricia S. »

KJNELLAMORE, you have had some really great movement, Congrats :jump:

Brandyleigh35

#119 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Kim,
Definitely I see progress in your mouth. I was looking at your pre vs current expansion pics. Is it me or are your molars starting to tip out a bit?

Brandy

KJNELLAMORE

#120 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Hey Brandy!

Hmm... I honestly had *not* noticed that! They were a bit tipped out before.. so I am not sure if it's just the camera angle or not... they don't *feel* any different in my mouth and don't look different in the mirror. My ortho. hadn't mentioned it and he took a good luck around.. hmm..

I have a dentist appt. soon for X-Rays/cleaning, so I will have to see if anything has changed. Thank you for mentioning that!