Sarah's story! Updated 11 Oct 2007 - I'm half naked YIPPEE!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jillianleab

#226 Post by Jillianleab »

:-* :-* :-* Twisty got a bracket!!! :-* :-* :-*

Your progress looks really great, and it's nice to hear your ortho is pleased as well. Fingers and toes crossed that your next adjustment will get twisty to really get on the move!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

fitgirl06

#227 Post by fitgirl06 »

hey sara amazing progress and nice blog. good luck!

sjsarre

#228 Post by sjsarre »

I haven't been on very often recently, i've been suffering badly healthwise and just about managing to carry on going. Had to take time off work and now I take each day one day at a time, but i'm in constant pain.

I'm suffering from a full blown attack of what my doctor believes is Fibromyalgia, the attacks have been more frequent and more intense over the past few years but its never been diagnosed until well potentially now.

Fibro can be caused as a result of stress and I think i've mentioned before that i've had a really awful couple of years, which although things are just so much better now, I think my body has just reacted to it, some form of Post traumatic stress thingy I guess and sometimes I do wonder if having my teeth out and a brace put on added fuel to the fire.

Anyway to cut a long story short, i'm still taking it day by day, but for some reason my pains are more pronounced now and don't seem to be subsiding. I am considering asking my Ortho to try and cut my treatment short i.e. ask him whether there is a possibility that I can finish treatment in the next 3 to 4 months. Obviously if the Ortho is really against cutting my treatment short I will do what he thinks is best.

I have my next adjustment in a few days... It feels like its been a while since my last!!

Hope everyone is doing ok, i'm going to try and bring myself up to date with everyone elses brace journey over the next few days..

:D

Jillianleab

#229 Post by Jillianleab »

I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! From what I understand fibro is very difficult to diagnose, so hopefully your doctor has got a handle on it and you can get started on pain management. I think it's a good idea to ask your ortho about your treatment, but it's also good you are willing to listen to whatever he says. Do you think taking some time off from having adjustments would help de-stress you? That way you won't have to concern yourself with the scheduling of appointments, etc? Or does actually having the braces stress you more than the appointments? I really hope you find some way to relieve your pain and decrease the stress in your life.

If there is anything we on this board can do, let us know! Good luck to you!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

sjsarre

#230 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks for your kind comments, I do feel silly sometimes and I guess because its difficult to diagnose there have been an awful lot of times where I have wondered if it was all in my head. But you do know your own body and I know that this isn't right!

Anyway I don't want to dwell on things, i'm having acupuncture today and will be having weekly sessions for the time being. Hopefully things might become more controlled with the sessions. If I can get out of this bout of pain, then i'm considering taking up Yoga / Pilates to stretch and strengthen my muscles / ligaments.

I'm having a good day today! Just a few niggly pains here and there but nothing thats not bearable! Long may it continue!!

:lol:

sjsarre

#231 Post by sjsarre »

Hey i've just noticed... Its my one year BDAY next Tuesday!

Can't believe where the time has gone!!!

cbradac

#232 Post by cbradac »

Hey there's some nice progress going on here! :) I see you have the same problem as me with the clear braces, nice staining hehe.

It's part of the fun of braces wouldn't you say :)

What a great job!!

:) :)
Braces on: 18th December 2006 :)

sjsarre

#233 Post by sjsarre »

I started acupuncture, i've had it before for a trapped ulnar nerve in my right arm so I knew roughly what to expect... The first appointment was pretty basic, but I have another on Tuesday afternoon which will be more indepth!

Fingers crossed xxxx

Only 3 days to go until I get my staining off.... Might consider another full house curry before then to see how luminous I can get them!!

swiss1

#234 Post by swiss1 »

Hi Sarah! :-1 As the others have said, your presence has really been missed. I'm sorry you haven;t been well recently, but I'm glad your first accupuncture session went well, and here's to the next sessions clearing up your pain. Good luck for your adjustment next week, and let us know how it goes.

samantha_lou

#235 Post by samantha_lou »

Hope you're continuing to feel better Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling too well lately.

*hugs*

sjsarre

#236 Post by sjsarre »

Well I did have my full house curry last night....

Chicken Biryani with Sag aloo oh and garlic nan... My brace was bright yellow today, very pleasing!!

Anyway 10th adjustment, ortho added a powerchain to the top to start closing up the gaps, he is please with the movement so far and said there isn't much left to do up there! :D

The bottom row is lagging behind, got another ligature added to the twisty to try and prise it around!

Mentioned to my ortho about Fibro and that its affected me with my brace. He says that he doesn't know of any studies regarding the two together but did mention that he had a couple other patients with Fibro and he seems to think they mentioned it before.

Anyway i've got my acupuncture again tomorrow.. Fingers crossed everything will settle down to allow me to finish off my brace journey!

I think I will celebrate my one year in braces today!! Well it was 6 April last year I had them put on, but as its almost there I think I deserve an early BDAY party.....

:-V :-88 :-)o :BigTeethGrin:

Oops... Guess I should do a comparison to save anyone looking going back over this thread!

This is the 2wk to 51.5wk comparison! Lots of difference almost can't believe it!!

Lisa65

#237 Post by Lisa65 »

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Sarah. I hope things soon improve for you :rose: The teeth are looking great though. You must be chuffed!

How is your son getting on with his implant screws? Did he get them in yet?

Jillianleab

#238 Post by Jillianleab »

Wow Sarah, you've made some great progress! :thumbsup: I'd say you certainly can celebrate your one-year braceaversary a little bit early! And how great to hear your ortho is pleased with your progress!

Your curry (and especially the nan) sounds yummy, what a shame it stains like it does. But hey, when food is worth it, it's WORTH the staining!

It's good you mentioned your fibro to your ortho so he is aware of what is going on with you. Hopefully with the alternative therapies you are pursuing you can get that under control and continue with your ortho treatment pain-free. It would really be a shame to have come this far and not be able to finish up. Positive thoughts your way!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

sjsarre

#239 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks guys...

Lisa - Thanks for asking about my son. His is delayed at the moment because he has an adult tooth that has yet to move down far enough for a bracket.. We've got our fingers crossed that it'll happen by end of June so he can get the brace on and screws in place during the summer holidays!!!

Jillian - Yes I think it was wise to alert him.. I'm going to keep a close eye on my health over the next week as my diary confirms the last couple of times i've suffered a flare up immediately after an adjustment. It'll be interesting to see if there is any correlation between the two..

SimInsomniac

#240 Post by SimInsomniac »

Happy (early) Birthday Sarah! Your teeth have come such a long way in a year, I bet your stoked. :D
Hope all continues to go well for your second year in braces!

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007