Teeth after 8 weeks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Skortho

Re: Teeth after 8 weeks

#16 Post by Skortho »

Those are great progress really

samsung95

#17 Post by samsung95 »

Inspiring progress, thanks for sharing

bumbleb79

#18 Post by bumbleb79 »

Wow, great progress so far! I've had mine on for just under a week but haven't noticed anything yet :?

Skwiredmouth

#19 Post by Skwiredmouth »

So awesome. I just got my braces yesterday and I hope mine move fast just like yours too.

dannyc77

#20 Post by dannyc77 »

So heres an update after 14 weeks....bit scary look but wanted to show the sectional brace they have put on 5 of my bottom teeth. In another visit or two they will put two TADs below these teeth to pull them downwards I think

dannyc77

#21 Post by dannyc77 »

dannyc77

#22 Post by dannyc77 »

The only thing slightly bugging me is that although I didn't realise it I didn't show much of my upper teeth before and I think my front two were tilted slightly back. Now that my teeth are straighter you can see more of the front two only I think this looks a bit wrong. If I had the jaw surgery the surgeon said he would move my upper jaw down to show more teeth. I suppose this wouldn't be an issue then. Heres before not a great close pic unfortunately:
And here is now
Finally I took a pic of my x rays from nearly 18 months ago now. I was on a waiting list for a long time as my treatment is free
ImageImage

Hope this is not pic overload, and is of some interest / encouragement to others out there. Comments welcomed!

dannyc77

Teeth after 19 weeks

#23 Post by dannyc77 »

Here they are now, have a look back at my first post on this thread to see the difference
Sectional brace now on the bottom 5 front teeth, the bottom teeth have now moved a lot too
The next stage will be TAD's and bands on the bottom to pull the bottom teeth down

For those of you starting on this journey....

dannyc77

#24 Post by dannyc77 »

You can see how the bottom teeth were originally from this earlier photo......

Josh1794

#25 Post by Josh1794 »

Looks great! Im just getting started, looking forward to seeing some results

istase2000

#26 Post by istase2000 »

AMAZING PROGRESS in such a short time!

Rebeccasmells

#27 Post by Rebeccasmells »

So great.

Must be happy your national insurance contributions are finally being used :wink:

dannyc77

#28 Post by dannyc77 »

So got my braces off today, been 2 years 2 months in train tracks. I had a class 2 division 2 deep bite, which i decided to go down the camouflage route rather than jaw surgery. The over jet has not really changed but the alignment of teeth and overbite really has. My treatment was on the NHS so I didnt pay, and also involved TADs on the lower jaw. Please look back at earlier posts here to see how bad my teeth were, and below for how they are now. Hope this helps anyone thinking about doing this!

My bite isnt perfect but my teeth are a lot better, going to have to learn how to smile properly now! Also going to get a filling on one of the lower front teeth
Sorry about picture quality

pamelah0109

#29 Post by pamelah0109 »

It's nice seeing progress isn't it? Thanks for sharing.

mattt

#30 Post by mattt »

Amazing progress, congratulations!
What kind of retainers did you get, considering the overjet? do you perhaps have any pictures of or with them?