Newb with snacking concerns

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amysown1

Newb with snacking concerns

#1 Post by Amysown1 »

I'm a grazer. I have food stashed in every purse, lunch cooler, glove compartment,backpack, etc. I wish I were exaggerating. My favorite snack is Rice Works Sweet Chili Chips. I also have an unhealthy addiction to Brach's Starbrite Peppermints and buy them in bulk. I get shakey if I haven't eaten within about two hours. So you can imagine my fear of starting my Invisalign treatment this Wednesday. I was hoping that others could suggest tips, strategies, or foods suggestions that are helpful or better during the beginning. I have a deep bite and I've read other poster's who mention tenderness from treatment when chewing/biting down on food. I hope I can do this.

SOJO2016

Re: Newb with snacking concerns

#2 Post by SOJO2016 »

I totally feel your pain! I am also a grazer. I'm only on tray 2 and as I type this response, I am sitting at work starving. The optimal amount of time that the trays should stay in is 22 hours. That doesn't allow a lot of time for snacking. I started sucking on sugarless mints and stepped up my water intake. After lunch, I don't eat anything until dinner. As soon as I come home from work, I take the trays out and grab a snack before I prepare dinner. I limit the amount of time that I leave the trays out in the morning and afternoon and allot at least an hour during the evening. So far it hasn't been too bad. I think I lost a few pounds. :wink: