opera^gal's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

anxiousgirl

Re: opera^gal's story

#541 Post by anxiousgirl »

your smile is amazing!!!
once my teeth are as amazing as that, ill be showing my smile off to everyone!

braces on: 21/02/2011
lower braces off: 20/03/2013
upper braces off: 04/04/2013

opera^gal

#542 Post by opera^gal »

Thanks anxiousgirl! I'm really pleased with the outcome of all the time and discomfort put into this dental journey.

Looking forward to brand new retainers, that will be for night ONLY..wow, what a concept! With the spring retainer, it was holding that forward advancement on my upper arch, so I was wearing it nearly all the time. When I did remove it for a few hours, it amazed me how quickly those stubborn teeth wanted to shift. Well, muahahahah..their evil plan has been thwarted once and for all...so there!!!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

opera^gal

#543 Post by opera^gal »

My fella had a dentist appt this morning, so I tagged along to see if I could have the tiniest smidgen of grinding done on my crown and bonding...she was happy to oblige, as well as buff out a bit of roughness on the back of one lower incisor. Sadly, the curse of the previous dentist has struck my fella, as he will need a crown replaced due to shoddy placement by capt. Sunflare manhands :-= . We are both in good, gentle hands now :-** !!!
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

BracedSurgeryStudent

#544 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I took voice lessons , opera actually for a very long time and I had a teacher who was a professional opera singer up in Boston and it was her suggestion partly that I got braces. I'm not sure why but she said I had an overbite. At the time I could not afford it :( and she kept telling me I needed them but she was mean to me anyways now its 3 years later and I did end up getting braces but rather for myself. and Glad I did. I'm not going to be an opera singer anymore, I'm studying to be a Surgeon, but I think your teeth look awesome.
Jenn Medeiros

opera^gal

#545 Post by opera^gal »

Thanks for the compliment BSStudent. I'm getting used to my new smile a little more each day, and not looking so surprised when I see myself in the mirror. Waiting for the call from the ortho to say my new retainers are in +\+ .

BracedSurgeryStudent

#546 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

opera^gal wrote:Thanks for the compliment BSStudent. I'm getting used to my new smile a little more each day, and not looking so surprised when I see myself in the mirror. Waiting for the call from the ortho to say my new retainers are in +\+ .
You are very welcome. and awh I bet you are very happy. Are you having the Hawley(Metal) or Essex (Clear) Retainers?
Jenn Medeiros

iBorg

#547 Post by iBorg »

Isn't it nice to catch yourself staring at your smile in the mirror than searching for bits of your last meal?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

opera^gal

#548 Post by opera^gal »

So true, mike...so true! :BigGrin:

opera^gal

#549 Post by opera^gal »

Off to the ortho I went this morning to pick up my new hawley retainers for top and bottom. Was a quick appt to test fit them, tweek a wire here and there and off I went. These have plastic tubing over the 'social six' portion of both wires, so to stop any scratching of the new bonding and implant crown. Feels strange but oh well. ONLY problem, was that the newbie tech who took down the info for the upper, got the color wrong...the lower is the translucent purple I asked for, the upper is a non-transparent purple that doesn't match. Ortho commented on it, I explained that I asked specifically for both to be the same, even down to the actual name of the color selection. IF I have to pay outright for them <instead of insurance>, they will take off $100, for the mistake. Hopefully, insurance will cover them completely, as described when I asked a few months ago. I go back in two months for another retainer check..no telling when I will actually 'graduate' from the practice, but I do appreciate them keeping eyes on things. Oh, and I'm only in the retainers at night now..so that IS progress! Yay for me :jump: !

BracedSurgeryStudent

#550 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

That is awesome Opera^gal. I sing opera too by the way, I've sang for 5 years already, not professionally as i'm focusing on school right now. How was singing when you had your braces? I try singing and it feels really awkward nad I keep drooling and having a hard time singing, is that normal with braces?
Jenn Medeiros

belistic10

#551 Post by belistic10 »

your smile looks fantastic!! :)

opera^gal

#552 Post by opera^gal »

BSS~ I didn't have any real issues professionally during my time in braces, other than the occasional hook catching my lip.

bel~ Thanks for the compliment. I'm pretty pleased with the results!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#553 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

opera^gal wrote:BSS~ I didn't have any real issues professionally during my time in braces, other than the occasional hook catching my lip.

bel~ Thanks for the compliment. I'm pretty pleased with the results!

That's great I noticed I have a lisp with my elastics but I have sung with them in nad it hasnt beena problem jsut makes my inner cheek feel a bit callusy after singing for a while non stop with them in
Jenn Medeiros

opera^gal

#554 Post by opera^gal »

Stopped into the ortho office today, to have them look at both hawley retainers. The bottom one was pushing a lower lateral wonky and the top one was overly tight on a lateral. A little grind here, bend there, and I was on my way again. I asked how the plan for me 'graduating' will go, and was told that, after a couple months of nights only, they will switch me to every other night, and watch how it goes. Once they have me at only a couple nights a week, then I will officially graduate from appointments, to 'call if you need us' status. Kinda cool, how they really watch patients carefully like that...I certainly appreciate it! :-**

belistic10

#555 Post by belistic10 »

sounds great :) soon you wont have to go in at all which will be so exciting! :)