I just got back

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michele

I just got back

#1 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got back from my debanding appointment. I am happy I did get my braces off. I got a lower permantent retainer and next week I will get pictures and x-rays taken and my clear essix type retainer on top. I got a goody bag of popped corn gum tootsie tolls carmel dots and peanuts.

I will post pictures next week when my ortho takes them.

Michele
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

Congrats michele!!! Have fun eating all those 'no-no' foods :D I am excited to see your pictures.
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

HollyDontSpend

#3 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Hooray!!!! I think our orthos know each other because we got the same thing at our debands (candy). HAHA! Have fun eating those tootie rolls!!!! Congratulations!!! :-)o :-88 :jump: :banana: :dance:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

Braceface16

#4 Post by Braceface16 »

I just got my braces off today to! :D :D :D!! do your teeth look big and feel slimmy?
~~**CaRoLiNe~~**

michele

#5 Post by michele »

Hi Brackface16,
My teeth do feel slimmy. I do not think my teeth look big.

Michele
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

Congrats! Enjoy the sticky candy! =D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

Congratulations Michele and Caroline!!

I haven't posted under this topic as far as I know, I'm not "NAKED" yet.

Can't wait till mine are off.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Braceface16

#8 Post by Braceface16 »

I got candy and pop corn and alot of chewy things in a cup with ballons and a picture of me with my new smile!!!!! Is it normal for your teeth to feel smimmy but dry at the same time?? Today when I went back to school since I got my braces off on Tuesday every one was like OMG you got your braces off.. and I was like yeah.. they are like smile let me see so I had to smile like 100 times. which of course I do not mind showing off my pretty new smile.. over all i am very satisfied with the results and go back next monday to go back to get my good old fasion essix ( the one with the wire going across your teeth.. i think that is what its called.. its so nice to have braces. I wish all of yall the best with your treatment and trust me I thought that all the pain and time I went throught with braces that I would never have a pretty smile but I do.. all the pain, time and money is all worth it.. I will update later with photos!
~~**CaRoLiNe~~**

Braceface16

#9 Post by Braceface16 »

I got candy and pop corn and alot of chewy things in a cup with ballons and a picture of me with my new smile!!!!! Is it normal for your teeth to feel smimmy but dry at the same time?? Today when I went back to school since I got my braces off on MOnday every one was like OMG you got your braces off.. and I was like yeah.. they are like smile let me see so I had to smile like 100 times. which of course I do not mind showing off my pretty new smile.. over all i am very satisfied with the results and go back next monday to go back to get my good old fasion essix ( the one with the wire going across your teeth.. i think that is what its called.. its so nice to not have braces. I wish all of yall the best with your treatment and trust me I thought that all the pain and time I went throught with braces that I would never have a pretty smile but I do.. all the pain, time and money is all worth it.. I will update later with photos!
~~**CaRoLiNe~~**

BracesAt42

Congratulations!

#10 Post by BracesAt42 »

Congratulations on joining The Naked Tooth club!

Now, go out and smile, and eat all those foods you have been craving!

Best Wishes!

:D :D :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005