Metal braces taken off bottom teeth to discover black triangles

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anneana8

Metal braces taken off bottom teeth to discover black triangles

#1 Post by Anneana8 »

So I just had my bottom braces taken off and I went home to discover there are a few black triangles on my bottom front teeth especially a really large one in the middle two bottom teeth which looks super ugly and like I have a piece of food caught in there. I don’t know why when my Ortho office took them off they didn’t show me my teeth or say anything about them. Anyways I want IPR done to them and the gaps to be closed as they did this for some of my top teeth and the results were good. The issue is my braces have already been taken off. Is it too late to do this? Can I request the braces to be put back on? I DO NOT like the way my teeth look at all and I feel I should be 100% happy given the amount of money I had to spend. I did send my Ortho office an email to complain and the doctor phoned me back and left a vm as I could not answer my phone as I was at work but would like to get some feedback on this from the group.Thanks.

djspeece

Re: Metal braces taken off bottom teeth to discover black triangles

#2 Post by djspeece »

I had the same issue, but realized it was largely due to the shape of my teeth, i.e., they were not perfectly rectangular. Plus, my expectations on the final result probably were not completely realistic. You'll notice that when you see ads for braces, or the various "after" photos, there are no black rectangles because the model's teeth are perfectly shaped. I'm not certain that braces will ever be able to correct the issue, but there may be some cosmetic approaches you could take (albeit some might be as expensive as braces) including veneers. Give it some time to let things settle, and see if you can live with it. You may need to see a dentist who specializes in cosmetic dentistry. I did do a search on the topic and you'll see lots of concern with the infamous "black triangles:" search.php?keywords=black+triangles&fid%5B0%5D=13 .

Congratulations on completing your orthodontic adventure, and best of luck in resolving any remaining issues.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying