I need advice! Please help!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah96

I need advice! Please help!

#1 Post by Sarah96 »

Okay so since I can't get a proper answer from my family and my friends, I want to have an honest opinion here from you guys. Please answer honestly. I attached my photo.
Now, is my chin too long? I know it is long but do you think that it is too long and should be corrected?
Because it became like this after genioplasty. I only wanted my chin to become more forward but now it is both forward and downward which I really did not desire at all!
My doctors say it is okay but of course they say this because they don't want to deal with it. And people around me don't say the truth because they don't want to offend me. And it's been 2 years after surgery so it won't get any smaller. I am so depressed over it. People with longer faces always hated on.
I want to have a revision surgery. Do you think it will worth it? Or do you think it is just me and there is nothing wrong?

Carno

Re: I need advice! Please help!

#2 Post by Carno »

Honestly, I think you have a cute face. I don't think I would have ever thought about your chin at all if I had met you in person.

Now, are there things that people can do surgery-wise to make themselves more attractive? Yes, that's why the plastic surgery industry exists.

Would your face look better with a chin that weren't as long? Yes, I think having a rounder-looking face would be more attractive for you.

Please consider the risks and possible unintended consequences of having elective surgery such as this though (cost, face still not looking like what you envision as your perfect face, possible bite issues, etc).

Sarah96

#3 Post by Sarah96 »

Thank you so much for your honest opinion. ^^
I honestly don't want to go through surgery again, but sometimes I think all other people see is my long chin. That's why I wanted to ask if it is the case for a stranger who doesn't know me at all. My aim is not to become attractive but become not-weird looking. :lol:
Thank you again for your answer, it really helped me to organize my mind!

Carno

#4 Post by Carno »

I totally understand where you're coming from, but like I said, I don't think anyone would notice/think about your chin at all. There's something about EVERY face (def including mine) that could be improved with surgery, but I'm not sure if that's a good reason to have it done.

You're definitely not weird looking. I think you have a pretty face, and don't have anything to worry about, but I do understand your thoughts. I hope you find peace with your face, whether you decide to have surgery or not!

Sarah96

#5 Post by Sarah96 »

I think the hardest part is that my chin used to be short and recessed a lot. So it is harder for me to accept that is a lot bigger now.
Anyways, your words really made me feel better and I thank you so much for this.

snapdresser

#6 Post by snapdresser »

I definitely don’t think it’s weird looking, since it sounds like that’s your concern. Very normal and natural, actually, IMO.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

Sarah96

#7 Post by Sarah96 »

snapdresser wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 am I definitely don’t think it’s weird looking, since it sounds like that’s your concern. Very normal and natural, actually, IMO.
Thank you so much 🙏 made me feel better