No pictures were taken?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Seraphina22

No pictures were taken?

#1 Post by Seraphina22 »

I just had a read through the forum again and realised that pictures, molds and x-rays are taken by the dentist before being braced!
As far as i can remember, i only did molds and x-rays, no pictures. Is this something i have to be concerned about? anyone missed any of these before being braced?

nybizzle

Re: No pictures were taken?

#2 Post by nybizzle »

I had pictures and X-rays done during my initial consultation, which was months before I actually got braces. I never had any molds done prior to getting my braces on. Pictures are good to have so you can see the before and after!

OHbraces

#3 Post by OHbraces »

Pictures and xrays only for me - no molds

Navygrrl

#4 Post by Navygrrl »

I had lots of pictures but no molds taken. My ortho's office scans your teeth in, which is kind of cool.

lildropofsunshine

#5 Post by lildropofsunshine »

I had pictures and x-rays taken, and a 3D scan of my mouth (instead of molds)

Seraphina22

#6 Post by Seraphina22 »

Sooo the main question is do I have to be worried that I did not have pictures taken 😅 seems like you guys all have your pictures taken...

nybizzle

#7 Post by nybizzle »

Seraphina22 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:34 pm Sooo the main question is do I have to be worried that I did not have pictures taken 😅 seems like you guys all have your pictures taken...
I don't think you need to be worried. It's good that you got x-rays and molds done, as those are the priority. Not having pictures done only means you won't get to see the before and after, like I mentioned before. :D

EmilyTravels

#8 Post by EmilyTravels »

My ortho's office took photos before and after but never showed them to me! I didn't even think to ask I was so excited about getting my braces off. And I moved out of the country two days after getting de-braced so never had a followup appointment in which to ask to see the photos. :cry: :cry: :cry: