Rubber bands on first day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NPmetalmouth

Rubber bands on first day

#1 Post by NPmetalmouth »

Hi. I got damon braces three weeks ago and my ortho had me start right away with rubber bands (parrot). Any idea how long people usually wear rubber bands if they start with them? I'm using them for class 1 overjet/overbite.

Mpkh

Re: Rubber bands on first day

#2 Post by Mpkh »

I was in braces for 22 months, and 19 of those months were spent in elastics. I had elastics starting from the very beginning too. As for how long you will need elastics, it all just depends on what needs to be done and how well your teeth responds to treatment.
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca

EllieMilo

Re: Rubber bands on first day

#3 Post by EllieMilo »

I’m at at 18 months of treatment and I’ve been wearing rubber bands continuously after the 1st month. I’ve become so used to them that it feels weird if I don’t wear them.