Another Brace Face Newb!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MizAndie

Another Brace Face Newb!

#1 Post by MizAndie »

Hi everybody! I'm new to this community and happy to be here and finally beginning this journey! I'm 45 and about to get metal braces and then three implants once that's done if all goes as it should.
Two of the implants are lateral incisors that were congenitally missing and the third is to replace a molar that was originally a root canal when I was a teen that cracked at the root a couple of years ago, got infected, then had to be pulled. Oh fun, fun.

So, after fillings, removing and replacing old amalgam fillings, and a deep clean (ouch), the process has begun and mouth molds were taken a few days ago. They're putting them on most likely in about 3 weeks due to the holidays. Yay! :jump:

Got the water pik, lip balm, and wax ready to go, lol!
I'm looking forward to living in this forum for the next couple of years and to meet you all.

Happy holidays!
Andie

Delilahbear

Re: Another Brace Face Newb!

#2 Post by Delilahbear »

Welcome to the club.
I am 66 and first time around with the braces. All metal. Just having eating issues at this point - 5 days into this journey and my molar buildups to keep my bite open have popped off which has made things very interesting. Had to happen on a weekend when I work 13 hours each day (2 different jobs).

At least you can enjoy the holiday food if you are getting braced afterwards.

Rocketgirl

#3 Post by Rocketgirl »

Welcome! I am a 59 year d first timer. This forum has been super helpful. Good luck with your Journey!

MizAndie

#4 Post by MizAndie »

Thanks! Good luck on your jouney's too.
I was fitted last week with a distal jet and unfortunately, there isn't any info on Youtube on people who have them and speak about their experience. It will be in there for a few months and I have to turn it like you'd have to with an expander but instead of one screw, there's two (one for each rod). I can't post pics yet but this thing is the tongue torture of death! I speak at my job and I'm on the phone all day so you can bet the customers I talk to get to hear me speak like I have marbles in my mouth. Tongue is raw. Ugh!
Braces installed yesterday. I'm happy to report that other than a low level headache (which may have been been from turning the distal jet), I'm not feeling any pain, yet, lol.

Perio appt in 6-8 weeks to get some bone scraping in order to help my two canines move to their position (they're sitting next to my central incisors). Oh fun fun.

So that's the update. Distal jet... Ugh!!!!! :crazy:

Speck

#5 Post by Speck »

The distal jet sounds like a bummer, for sure. I hope that by now things have calmed down.
-Andy