Ok to waterpik twice a day?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Meowmeowbeans2

Ok to waterpik twice a day?

#1 Post by Meowmeowbeans2 »

I’ve had braces almost a month now, and I’ve settled into a routine of waterpiking before brushing both morning and night. I just love how clean my mouth feels with the combo, and then I know no breakfast is stuck in my braces before heading to work.

I’m wondering if there’s anything bad about waterpiking twice a day...? I have a rechargeable handheld one with just a switch for “high” or “low” and I’ve been using high.

Anyone know?

16 month sentence December 2018 to April 2020... Debraced May 2020 with only a 2 month COVID-19 delay!
My braces story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54116

djspeece

Re: Ok to waterpik twice a day?

#2 Post by djspeece »

I used mine three times a day on many occasions when I was in braces with no ill effect.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Navygrrl

#3 Post by Navygrrl »

I hope not! I've been using mine at least twice a day. It really does a great job of getting hidden food out.

Speck

#4 Post by Speck »

Interproximal brushes (multiple sizes) are great tools.
4E72BA05-2EA6-4FE1-B157-4B645DDE3E33.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andy

Jami1

#5 Post by Jami1 »

I asked my hygienist as I am a waterpic junkie..... 3 or more times per day! She said absolutely no ill effects😀

kplatt2010

#6 Post by kplatt2010 »

Just to let you know; I have both electric and battery powered. The electric is by far superior to the battery one.

jeffhere

#7 Post by jeffhere »

I love this device
Feeding floss through? Dude that's so frustrating

kplatt2010

#8 Post by kplatt2010 »

Along with the power washing; I got the Oral B Super Floss but have only been able to floss the front teeth.
Karla

pamelah0109

#9 Post by pamelah0109 »

I use my waterpick more than once a day without problems. I love using it to get all the bits out that you really can't see.

EllieMilo

#10 Post by EllieMilo »

I also use my waterpik twice a day and haven’t experienced any issues. My hygienist recommended one when I told her I was finally getting braces and it has been the best investment! I love it and I’ll continue to use it everyday once my braces are off.