Are My Teeth Messed Up Enough To Justify Braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

C333

Are My Teeth Messed Up Enough To Justify Braces?

#1 Post by C333 »

My teeth look relatively straight, but I feel like there's something wrong. I think I have a bit of a crossbite. My lower left canine pops out a bit, and when I open my mouth, my jaw seems to look like it naturally opens to the left side rather than straight down. Thoughts? Can I justify getting braces to fix it?

By the way, that picture with me opening my mouth isn't intentionally trying to open to the side. That's just the way it looks when I drop my jaw in a way that feels natural.

https://imgur.com/a/FwJEy6n

SDFD TSchott

Re: Are My Teeth Messed Up Enough To Justify Braces?

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Seek a free evaluation. I'm not a professional and can't say yes or no but from just the photos I can see you can probably benefit I just don't know the dental history. Midline looks straight, there looks to be a mild open bite but I'm not certain and if your jaw shifts to the left when opening then there could be a dental issue going on there... Again just seek evaluation should be free.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

EmilyTravels

#3 Post by EmilyTravels »

Your teeth are very pretty (I'm envious!), but if your bite isn't quite right, you might definitely benefit from braces.

Most orthodontists offer free consultations, so definitely go to at least a couple to see what they say. If you suspect something isn't quite right, you are probably correct.

Good luck and keep us posted!

C333

#4 Post by C333 »

I don't really like my smile. Maybe I'm being overly picky. My midline is also shifted to the left, but it's hard to tell from the pictures because both arches are shifted.

I also think that my two upper front teeth stick out a bit.

I might also have some minor TMJ issues because I can't really close my jaw and have it feel relaxed.

But I wonder if it's worth it to have to deal with a mouthful of braces to fix issues that don't look too major

AndAndAnd

#5 Post by AndAndAnd »

Your teeth look fine to me. Unless you have some functional problems I can’t see a reason why you should get braces. Best to voice your concerns with your dentist first, who will let you know if you need to be referred to an orthodontist.

Prometheus

#6 Post by Prometheus »

Get a consult or two, they usually are free. In the middle picture you seem to have a cross bite where your lower left canine and lateral incisor are in front of your upper left lateral incisor. Among other things I had a similar cross bite and waited way too long to get it fixed. I think seeking a couple of professional opinions is the way to go.
Lower braces on March 11, 2015, upper braces added July 14, 2015.
Damon, metal bottom / clear top.
Braces off March 26, 2018: Total time in braces: 3 years, 2 weeks and 1 day.
Hawley retainers top and bottom.