My teeth still don't look straight after Invisalign? + Pics

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

meli

My teeth still don't look straight after Invisalign? + Pics

#1 Post by meli »

Hi!

Although my teeth have improved a lot through Invisalign, I still feel like they don't look lovely and straight. I'm going to ask my dentist about refinement trays when I next see him, but in the meantime I wanted other people's opinion on my teeth.

Here's the before pic: https://i.imgur.com/SPjHNbn.jpg

Now: https://i.imgur.com/Er66HJF.png

What about my teeth makes them not look straight? Is it just the size difference as my lateral incisors are so small?

I was also considering veneers on my lateral incisors and tooth contouring + composite bonding on my other teeth, but I believe they need straightening a little bit more... I'm just trying to pinpoint why they don't look good... I won't be offended by anyone's comments on my teeth, so please share your views!

Thank you :D

EmilyTravels

Re: My teeth still don't look straight after Invisalign? + Pics

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

I think it's the shape and size differences in your teeth, as you pointed out. Also, it looks like you have attachments, and that could make anyone's teeth look a little wonky! But even when those come off, I think you're going to want some cosmetic work done, like you plan. I suspect once that work is done, your teeth really will look and be straight. Interested to hear others opinions as I am no expert!

Speck

#3 Post by Speck »

I learned from my ortho that most Invisalign patients go into refinement stages. In any event, looks like nice progress in your case!
-Andy

DeSnek

#4 Post by DeSnek »

I feel as though they look quite straight but the size differences distract from the overall aesthetic. I have different size teeth as well so this is something I’ve been wondering about