K Hook bent braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fiatbraces

K Hook bent braces

#1 Post by Fiatbraces »

Hello,

Just had a K hook fitted to my brace for elastics to be used, I just put my elastic on and noticed the K hook has bent a little bit, is this normal or do I need to contact my orphodontist, thanks!

Fiatbraces

Re: K Hook bent braces

#2 Post by Fiatbraces »

I would really appreciate any help, I live 2 hours away from my orphodontist so don’t want to have to travel there

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

Give your ortho's office a call. He/she will be able to tell you if they need you to come in to get it fixed or if it can wait till your next appointment.

Fiatbraces

#4 Post by Fiatbraces »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, contacted the orphodontist and said the hook will bend forward and just to push them back with a pencil eraser
assertives wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 am Give your ortho's office a call. He/she will be able to tell you if they need you to come in to get it fixed or if it can wait till your next appointment.

SDFD TSchott

#5 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Fiatbraces wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 am Hi,

Thanks for your reply, contacted the orphodontist and said the hook will bend forward and just to push them back with a pencil eraser
assertives wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 am Give your ortho's office a call. He/she will be able to tell you if they need you to come in to get it fixed or if it can wait till your next appointment.
Do you mean orthodontist and not orphodontist?

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008