To be concerned or not to that is the question?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

To be concerned or not to that is the question?

#1 Post by SDFD TSchott »

So I had my 2nd adjustment on Tuesday, Tuesday night eating biscuits and gravy a back bracket (last bracket on teeth) came off. Wednesday morning i called and they said I should be fine until next appointment which isnt until November 3rd. Should I be concerned?

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

assertives

Re: To be concerned or not to that is the question?

#2 Post by assertives »

I'm surprised they told you to wait that long to get the bracket fixed. The last time my came off, my ortho had his clinic staff schedule me to come in and see him that week as my next appointment wasn't going to be until 3 weeks later. I also had another occasion where a bracket popped off a molar less than 30mins after my adjustment. I went back to the clinic immediately and asked to see him. He re-glued that bracket on for me that very day.

I would say just call and make the next earliest appointment to get it fixed.

cbraces678

#3 Post by cbraces678 »

Is that back molar engaged in the wire?

I had that happen before but the molar was not engaged in the wire, so the bracket was doing nothing. They replaced it at my next appointment. As I seem to see, molars do not always get put in the wire at first. My ortho still puts on all the brackets at the bracing appointment.

If the molar is already in the wire, I would definitely be getting it fixed ASAP.

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

it's the last bracket on the molar band and I believe they call it a buccal tube so essentially the wire isn't tied down but does go through a tube like a guidance for the wire.

Kind of like the last bracket on the molar in this photo: one to the far right of this photo

Jethro

#5 Post by Jethro »

You should be fine. The same thing happened to me last month and I was told to wait until my next appt...it was replaced last week. Only down side is that I had to keep the same wire for another month. :cry:

SDFD TSchott

#6 Post by SDFD TSchott »

So I was able to go in on 24 October and they replaced the bracket in back. Turns out that it may actually be working on something as the pain was pretty bad in the back there the next morning. I looked in the mirror and seen that the molar has actually rotated slightly.