Seeking Revision Downgraft

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sbkwtz91

Seeking Revision Downgraft

#1 Post by sbkwtz91 »

Hi, all. First post here. I join this community under less than ideal circumstances: I am a little over 8 weeks post-op, after having had an 8 mm maxillary impaction / BSSO / genioplasty to correct for a gummy smile. As my swelling has mostly subsided, I am very disappointed with the results. Like others here, I was overimpacted, which has led to significant aging of my smile and aesthetic deterioration. The toll on my mental health has been enormous and something I will need to address.

I will be scheduling consultations with Gunson and Wolford to see if I can begin the process of getting my face back. I assume a future revision would involve a maxillary downgraft, at a minimum. I would much appreciate the insights of anyone with any experience with revision downgrafts or revisions generally.

sbkwtz91

Re: Seeking Revision Downgraft

#2 Post by sbkwtz91 »

Anyone? I've found a lot of users on here who get or are getting revisions but then don't post again.

Speck

#3 Post by Speck »

From one relative newb to another, welcome to the board!

Hopefully, someone with knowledge about the procedures you've gone through will have something helpful to offer here.

Best of luck to you on the desired outcome!
-Andy

snapdresser

#4 Post by snapdresser »

Woah, an 8mm impaction is pretty huge! How much tooth show do you have now when you smile your biggest?
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

sbkwtz91

#5 Post by sbkwtz91 »

[quote=snapdresser post_id=503857 time=1533837967 user_id=24383]
Woah, an 8mm impaction is pretty huge! How much tooth show do you have now when you smile your biggest?
[/quote]

When I smile my biggest, I can see 100% of my teeth. But I don't want to have to smile my biggest to do that.

Sarah96

#6 Post by Sarah96 »

Hello. Sad to hear you need a revision. Have you consulted with other surgeons?
Btw, I had my revision surgery and it's been 17 days since. In my first surgery they over impacted my upper jaw as well, so in this surgery they did something like a ''down fracture.''
But right now I still can't smile to the fullest and my face is stiff so I don't know the chances...
I hope you can find a good route for you to go.