surgery tomorrow

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jdiameron

surgery tomorrow

#1 Post by jdiameron »

Hi all,

My surgery is tomorrow and I am very scared since it feels much real now. Were you guys also scared? I have all of those scenarios coming to my mind about after surgery...
My lower jaw will be moved forward (one side 10mm, other side 7.9mm) and my upper jaw will be moved 2mm upwards.

snapdresser

Re: surgery tomorrow

#2 Post by snapdresser »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I LOST it leading up to my surgery. I was a total wreck the entire week leading up to mine. In fact, it was so bad that the day before I was just in a total daze. My mind couldn't handle the stress so apparently it just checked itself out. Next thing I knew, I was coming to in the recovery room. You got this. Good luck!
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

PierreDeFermat

#3 Post by PierreDeFermat »

Best of luck!

I recommend you join the latest "Surgery Buddies" thread (June/July 2018) and post about your particular case. It helps to have people who are also going through the same thing at the same time as you for support and to ask questions.

Chuckaluck

#4 Post by Chuckaluck »

I called and cancelled mine the day before :lol: . It must happen fairly often though because the office least into action and talked me down. My oral surgeons wife (the office business manager) actually called me that evening at about 6pm just to make sure I had all my questions answered!
I’m 14 days out from a Lefort I and bsso and sitting in that chair (mine was out patient) was one of the hardest things I’ve done, but so far I’m glad I did. My breathing improved 5 fold immediately following the surgery and the results keep getting better and better! Let me know if you have questions!

jdiameron

#5 Post by jdiameron »

Thanks so much for your messages all! I read them all and they made me feel much better before my surgery!
Speaking of surgery, it went very well and I am on recovery day 9 today! Everything is going well so far except muscle spasms. They are the worst! Feels like something would pop while muscles are contracted. I will see my surgeon on Monday and will ask him if this is normal.

Chuckaluck

#6 Post by Chuckaluck »

I’m so glad!! I’ve been wanting to ask. Don’t forget your warm compress - it helped me with the spasms. I just sleep with a heating pad and switch sides throughout the night.

Day 25 here and it just keeps getting better!

MoJo2685

#7 Post by MoJo2685 »

Good luck! And I second the suggestion to join the surgery buddies thread for June/July. I had my surgery in April and our little group has been mega therapy. At a certain point you will feel like your friends and family are sick of hearing about it. But people who are going through all the same feelings will really help ease your mind about the weird things that you want to celebrate/ weird things that give you a complex that day.