How do your teeth/jaw feel after braces? Feel so uncomfortable right now

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hilwa

How do your teeth/jaw feel after braces? Feel so uncomfortable right now

#1 Post by Hilwa »

Hey everyone!

I'm almost at the end of my journey here. I've had braces for 31 months (a little over 2 and half years) and I'm getting them off in 8 days. I was just wondering for those who got their braces taken off, does the uncomfortable feeling go away? I don't know how to describe what I'm saying, my teeth/jaw aren't in any pain but they feel really weird

Hilwa

Re: How do your teeth/jaw feel after braces? Feel so uncomfortable right now

#2 Post by Hilwa »

Opps, I meant to post this in the "The Naked Tooth (Retainers and Life After Braces)" forum, not sure if it can be moved??

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

This forum gets more traffic, so I think you are good. When my braces came off, I had no discomfort at all -- in fact it was more like pure joy -- and it didn't take long at all (nanoseconds) to adjust to a metal-free mouth. I was amazed at how big my teeth looked! Congratulations and best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Lovespain5

#4 Post by Lovespain5 »

Hilwa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:57 pm Hey everyone!

I'm almost at the end of my journey here. I've had braces for 31 months (a little over 2 and half years) and I'm getting them off in 8 days. I was just wondering for those who got their braces taken off, does the uncomfortable feeling go away? I don't know how to describe what I'm saying, my teeth/jaw aren't in any pain but they feel really weird
I wore braces exactly for the same time as you and I feel very well after debracing, finally free. The first days you will feel that someting is missing in your mouth but this feeling will disappear after a couple of days.
:?:-#):mrgreen: