My braces story at 24 yrs old!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aussietrumpeter

Re: My braces story at 24 yrs old!

#31 Post by aussietrumpeter »

Well I haven't updated this in a while so it looks like big changes:
1yr 5 mon progress.jpg
I'm quite happy except that my upper midline is way off.... but my ortho doesn't seem to notice/care and I don't see how it can be easily fixed; on my upper arch I only have a wisdom tooth on one side so I believe the uneven amount of teeth has caused it. Not sure. Otherwise I still have a massive overbite and I'm wearing Class II elastics plus another elastic at night to help close it (which goes between my two front teeth, over the archwire, and is attached at both incisors at the bottom):
29666623_10210930711816505_1026430517_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tillybrace

#32 Post by tillybrace »

aussietrumpeter wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:30 pm Well I haven't updated this in a while so it looks like big changes:
1yr 5 mon progress.jpg

I'm quite happy except that my upper midline is way off.... but my ortho doesn't seem to notice/care and I don't see how it can be easily fixed; on my upper arch I only have a wisdom tooth on one side so I believe the uneven amount of teeth has caused it. Not sure. Otherwise I still have a massive overbite and I'm wearing Class II elastics plus another elastic at night to help close it (which goes between my two front teeth, over the archwire, and is attached at both incisors at the bottom):
I sometimes feel like you are my teeth twin.

aussietrumpeter

#33 Post by aussietrumpeter »

tillybrace wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:59 pm
aussietrumpeter wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:30 pm Well I haven't updated this in a while so it looks like big changes:
1yr 5 mon progress.jpg

I sometimes feel like you are my teeth twin.
Haha, yeah it's funny seeing others with the same problems; but you're teeth look great, I hope you get your braces off soon !

jem

#34 Post by jem »

How did your ortho find the space to get all your bottom front teeth in line? Amazing progress!
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

aussietrumpeter

#35 Post by aussietrumpeter »

jem wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:28 am How did your ortho find the space to get all your bottom front teeth in line? Amazing progress!
Good question, because I didn't mention I chose to have one tooth pulled ! I'll post photos.

aussietrumpeter

#36 Post by aussietrumpeter »

The ortho did say I could keep the tooth but it would take "much longer" to get everything to fit.... not sure if that would have worked but we both thought the arch was wide enough without it. And my top arch needs to be a bit larger so no point making the bottom arch too large.
extraction.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.