Any oral surgeon recommendation in Los Angeles?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vsykim

Any oral surgeon recommendation in Los Angeles?

#1 Post by vsykim »

Hello,
I am currently in a search for orthodontist, oral surgeon and insurance for double jaw surgery to correct my underbite.
Out of all doctors I had consultations with, I like Dr. Walman (Orthodontist) and Dr. Relle (Surgeon) the most so far.
The problem is that Dr. Relle is out of network and there is no way I can afford the surgery, and Dr. Waldman has worked with Dr. Relle only, that he is not too familiar with any other oral surgeons.
So while searching for other options in my area, I have found that Kaiser is known for 100% coverage on corrective jaw surgery.
Does anyone have any opinions or experiences with Dr. Julian Wilson of Kaiser?
Any information or recommendations on orthodontist and oral surgeon in Los Angeles would be highly and sincerely appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Ravenclaw

Re: Any oral surgeon recommendation in Los Angeles?

#2 Post by Ravenclaw »

I have Kaiser, but I haven't had my surgery yet, so I can't really comment on how good they are at performing the surgery, but I did consult this site before selecting a Kaiser surgeon. There are some recommendations on these threads:

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... er#p478427
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... er#p473399

Since you're considering Julian Wilson, you can type his name on this forum's search bar to see more posts about him. There are other surgeons from Kaiser Los Angeles that you can consider. I think there are five surgeons in the Kaiser Maxillofacial Surgery Department in Sunset: Gabriella Tehrany, Julian Wilson, Michael James Bundy, Harry Colin Schwartz, and Dieu Quang Pham. You can check out their Healthgrades, Vitals, and Kaiser profiles, and other posts about them on this forum for more info.

SoCalUniveristyLed

#3 Post by SoCalUniveristyLed »

I had Kaiser and did my surgery in Sunset Los Angeles. Dr. Tehrany. AMAZING. Really loved Kaiser, my whole team and my results.

Ravenclaw

#4 Post by Ravenclaw »

SoCalUniveristyLed wrote:I had Kaiser and did my surgery in Sunset Los Angeles. Dr. Tehrany. AMAZING. Really loved Kaiser, my whole team and my results.
I'm very glad to hear this. She's the one performing my surgery next year.