Finally in Braces.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

2Low4U

Finally in Braces.

#1 Post by 2Low4U »

Been a very long journey to get these Teeth Fixed.
I have been always self conscious about My Teeth, I would never Smile or hardly show my teeth.
My Teeth Very Crooked Upper and Lower teeth, Over Bite & Over jet on the upper.
I finally Broke and went to see about getting them Fixed.
I went in for a consultation in April.
He Said that I Would need to have a upper & lower Palate Expander Installed to Widen my narrow Mouth and Braces to Follow, or Have Surgery to Re-position my Mouth and then Braces.
I went with the first option.
Went in July to have my expanders installed. Went Back in October to see how the progression was with the expanders, The Lower was at the proper width and the upper still had some more movement to go, I had Molds taken and was told not to adjust my expanders till the next Visit.
Headed Back in This Past Wednesday to Have My Damon Braces Installed, He Removed my Lower Expander and Told me to start turning my upper again 2 times a week.
Was there for 2 hours to put the Braces on, Teeth were ok for a few hours before they started to get tender.
Went to Eat my Lunch the next Day that is when I Realized that it Hurt like a SOB to Chew anything. Ended up Having Stew and Bread For Supper that night.
Today was a bit Better Had Chowder and Potato Wedges for Lunch and A Couple of Burgers for Supper.
I Will keep this updated as much as I Can through my Journey.
Here is some Pics.
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3563/YjGHZc.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1226/CLzoDC.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5892/1lStaS.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/391/r07T4y.jpg
Damon Braces Installed 11/15/2017.
Issues with Teeth, Too many to List!

EmilyTravels

Re: Finally in Braces.

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

Congratulations on overcoming your fears and getting into orthodontia! You definitely have serious issues, but orthodontists can do amazing things. I wish you all the best with your treatment!

You will become an expert on soft foods and which ones work best for you. Make sure to eat as healthfully as you can (veggie soups and frozen vegetables that tend to be mushy) are your best friends. Yogurts, fruit smoothies, sweet potatoes, pastas, and many other foods will keep you from getting too bored. And milkshakes are the best treat!

:tingrin:

atrixa

#3 Post by atrixa »

Congratulations on getting them on! You won't recognise yourself in a few months :)
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

2Low4U

#4 Post by 2Low4U »

Thank you for the replys.
I have full trust in the orthodontist I have, he is a great guy.
The soft foods are not too bad in the past couple of days The only problem is that I go to the gym quite a bit to workout and when I come home I am usually starving lol.
So I eat a big meal usually and then head to clean my teeth for 20-30 min.
I only try to eat a couple of big meals a day to keep me at bay, I don't want to be brushing my teeth 6 times a day.
I am thinking that my teeth are starting to shift around already as my molars today seem to be itchy if that makes any sense and I still have a dull pain on the front upper and lower teeth.
My upper i teeth are touching lower brackets as of this morning so I know something is moving around.

2Low4U

#5 Post by 2Low4U »

1 week update!
Been noticing Movement in my Teeth Already, been a week today since I had them Installed. :D
Sorry for not shaving! :lol:

2Low4U

#6 Post by 2Low4U »

gonna try the pics again.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2875/tbYQRt.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7155/Zgi10Z.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/6774/D2eBsx.jpg
Sorry I am not advertising for the Big Bang Theroy BTW :lol:
These Pics Were Taken Tonight so ,it ha been a week and 2 days.
My upper Front Teeth Look Angled on the Front pic but They are straight, just the camera angle.
Been really noticing alot of small Changes in my teeth within the past week.
Front upper Teeth are starting to Tilt in and the spaces are closing up.
My Lower Front teeth are moving inline I think in the next couple of weeks they should almost be in line with one another.
I am gonna have to be really careful as my Upper I Teeth are Contacting the lower Brackets.
I Will update again next week... see yas!

2Low4U

#7 Post by 2Low4U »

Not much to update, my lower teeth are still moving, I have some random pains in my Teeth, yesterday was my 3 Front lower teeth and Tonight it is one of my pre molars on the left Side that are sore.
The lowers are really moving around now they should be inline within the next month or so.
I am not seeing any movement on the upper Teeth or pain but I never felt any Pain with my palate Expander on the upper just always the Lower teeth.it probably is but I Don't Notice.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3253/HMBq1Y.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/6548/uXvQ9U.jpg

2Low4U

#8 Post by 2Low4U »

Update since Last Post Bottom Teeth really came in Line within the past Few Days, Uppers are Very Slow to Move but there is some small changes but nothing like the bottom teeth.
ImageIMG_20171222_214102 by markdesroche442, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20171222_214042 by markdesroche442, on Flickr

bracefaceislife

#9 Post by bracefaceislife »

Whoa you can definitely see a difference, and it's only been less than a month. Nice progress on that smile, and good on you for finally getting braces :D

2Low4U

#10 Post by 2Low4U »

I kinda feel like a kid again getting up every morning and looking to see if there was any progress overnight :lol:

2Low4U

#11 Post by 2Low4U »

Thanks bracefaceislife!

atrixa

#12 Post by atrixa »

2Low4U wrote:I kinda feel like a kid again getting up every morning and looking to see if there was any progress overnight :lol:
I'm still like that now! I'm just waiting for one gap to close so every night I floss and see how difficult it is to get the floss in there. At least it's motivating me to floss. :roll: If you're having problems with uploading pics, I can recommend imgur.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

2Low4U

#13 Post by 2Low4U »

atrixa wrote:
2Low4U wrote:I kinda feel like a kid again getting up every morning and looking to see if there was any progress overnight :lol:
I'm still like that now! I'm just waiting for one gap to close so every night I floss and see how difficult it is to get the floss in there. At least it's motivating me to floss. :roll: If you're having problems with uploading pics, I can recommend imgur.
I had a Gap on the right Lower side of my teeth that was huge from the lower palate expander I had in Before the Braces went on.
It Took only 3 weeks to totally close the gap after the Braces went on.
All my lower teeth are touching one another now but my upper expander is still in and I have alot of gaps between my front 6 teeth which is not Closing at all and it is really annoying and Bugging me.
I am Hoping that the gaps will disappear on the next Wire Change, My lower Braces have a 0.14 Wire in and the upper is .013 which is lighter, prob why I am not seeing as much Movement as the lower teeth.
I am now using Flicker for Photo uploads.

2Low4U

#14 Post by 2Low4U »

Went into the Orthodontist This morning for a routine Checkup, lots of Stuff Done Today.
They First Removed my Upper Palate Expander which is now Done With.
Installed Bite Blockers on my upper pre molars.
Installed new Lower Wire 0.14 and attached the wire to the rest of my lower teeth, I am Guessing had a 0.13 in before, Upper Teeth Still Same Wire size.
Attached my right upper molars to the wire as it turned enough since the last visit as they had to turn the tooth to attach it to the wire.
My left upper molar had to be rewired to turn it as the last time they attempted to turn it the wire was too thick and keeping it from turning as it should have been.
I go back in 2 weeks to attach the other molar to the wire.

2Low4U

#15 Post by 2Low4U »