Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mprazz

Hello everyone!

#1 Post by mprazz »

Hello to everyone on this wonderful forum!

I'm getting braces in about a month (set for December 11th), and as a full-grown adult, I was nervous as hell. And, of course, and the paranoid person I also am, I researched plenty about braces (all the different kinds, treatment length, etc), mostly because I have one of the weirder cases, and I was scared... And that's how I ended up finding ArchWired, and I knew I had to join!

I'm so happy to have found this community! I have been reading some of the posts, so you'll be hearing from me (standard disclaimer: you may tell me to chill if I am being annoying ahah)!

Looking forward to interacting with all of you, to sharing my own journey and to contribute to the community!

Feel free to drop me a message, though I will be posting my background story pretty soon :D

Mariana

tmjd

Re: Hello everyone!

#2 Post by tmjd »

Hi Mariana, welcome to the club. Yes, braces can be scary, specially at the beginning. Keep an open mind and enjoy the ride.

I am in my three week mark, after 2 postponed appointments and a 3 month wait since I decided to take the plunge, because my braces were custom made and took a while to get them here. So, I can understand the feeling of nervous excitement-anxiety mix.

Why do you have such a weird case?

mprazz

#3 Post by mprazz »

Hi tmjd!

Thanks for making me feel welcome :)

Yes, it is definitely nerve-wrecking! Thankfully I have a trip just before, so that should help distract me!

Well, the main reason I went for the braces was because I have an impacted canine (which, after browsing ArchWired is way way more common than I had ever imagined!), hence I need surgery to expose it. I also need to get rid of my oral frenum that won't let my incisors meet. Also, I have a molar that's missing, and my ortho will try to pull my second molar into its place, and the wisdom tooth into the 2nd molar's place. Also, side bite! And if that all weren't enough, I think I may get my gums contoured , because my teeth look super small, but in the xray you can see that they are not!

So, well, maybe a bit tricky... But well, I'm sure it will be fine, if a bit uncomfortable!

Chxsing

#4 Post by Chxsing »

yikes! rather tricky case but all the best with your braces journey - welcome to the club!

braces is pretty scary, especially when you are a adult :oops: but make sure to be positive throughout your journey, learn to love your braces, have clear awareness of what your orthodontists plan is and you'll be extremely happy by the end - honestly braces look so cool to me :)

yes yes, you will definitely be uncomfortable for a few weeks or so but before you know it in 2 years time: they're straight like heck! do not worry so much on getting them on too, because it does not hurt until a few hours putting them and ongoing. if you are still anxious about the upcoming pain, take some paracetamol prior to getting them on and it could do the job :D

mprazz

#5 Post by mprazz »

[quote="Chxsing"]yikes! rather tricky case but all the best with your braces journey - welcome to the club!

braces is pretty scary, especially when you are a adult :oops: but make sure to be positive throughout your journey, learn to love your braces, have clear awareness of what your orthodontists plan is and you'll be extremely happy by the end - honestly braces look so cool to me :)

yes yes, you will definitely be uncomfortable for a few weeks or so but before you know it in 2 years time: they're straight like heck! do not worry so much on getting them on too, because it does not hurt until a few hours putting them and ongoing. if you are still anxious about the upcoming pain, take some paracetamol prior to getting them on and it could do the job :D[/quote]

Hi Chxing! Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I am definitely nervous to get the braces put on, but I am also excited, I want my teeth all nice and straight!

I'm not too worried about the pain, as far I as can tell, I have a pretty good pain tolerance (I've had my own dealings with pain), so I hope I'll be fine with the pain from the braces and surgeries :roll:
And yeah, as the obsessive little creature I am, I research EVERYTHING, so I know if something is not quite right! Though, I really like my orthodontist, I have a consultation with her next week, where I will sit down with her and she will explain how the whole treatment will go down. She seems to value transparency, and she really looks like she knows what she is doing, which puts me more at ease.

Do you already have your braces on? Or you already finished your treatment? 8)

Chxsing

#6 Post by Chxsing »

Sounds like your gonna have a great time :) really good to know that there is good communication between you two!
Oh no, i just got them off 2 weeks ago and i'm rather bittersweet with my results. I'm consulting 4 different orthodontists to get re-braced because I didn't get extractions and really wish I did initially. oh well, thats a few grands down the drain :oops: are you set to get any extractions or so?

mprazz

#7 Post by mprazz »

So sorry to hear that you're not happy with you results :(
I'm sure this time it will be better though :)

I'm not doing any extractions, no! I'm actually missing a tooth already (a molar, which means the ortho will pull my 2nd molar in its place so that I don't need an implant), and I only have my upper wisdom teeth, and nothing has been said about extracting them. Tbh, my biggest issue is my impacted canine, no extractions planned!

Keep us updated on your new braces journey, I'd like to follow it! :D

Raekon

#8 Post by Raekon »

[quote="Chxsing"]Sounds like your gonna have a great time :) really good to know that there is good communication between you two!
Oh no, i just got them off 2 weeks ago and i'm rather bittersweet with my results. I'm consulting 4 different orthodontists to get re-braced because I didn't get extractions and really wish I did initially. oh well, thats a few grands down the drain :oops: are you set to get any extractions or so?[/quote]
How come you wish you got extractions? I am about to start and I'm scared as hell that I have to get some teeth extracted, sounds scary because you're left with huge holes and you aren't sure how it's gonna turn out in the end...