Two set of essix retainer which to wear?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

darenlua

Two set of essix retainer which to wear?

#1 Post by darenlua »

Hi people I got an extra set of essix retainer in case I lose the first one but I just realize one fit tighter than the other after a few day so I am wondering if I should switch to a different retainer on alternate days . I thought both set of retainers should fit the same??

BlondeCam

Re: Two set of essix retainer which to wear?

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

My understanding is the Essix is an exact model of your teeth the day your braces were removed. I would think they'd be exactly the same too. Take both sets at your next check up and have the ortho take a look. I'm sure it doesn't matter which set you wear as much as you're wearing them. The struggle is real with retainers.

Chickenlady4321

#3 Post by Chickenlady4321 »

I’ve gotten tons of sets of retainers because I wear them out really frequently. Every time they make me 2 pairs and they always fit different. Especially the top ones. I think every pair just suctions down differently onto the impression.

FlyByNight

#4 Post by FlyByNight »

I have 3 sets of Essix retainers. All were pressed at the same time, and all 3 give me different bites. I usually switch them every month or so but if I did every day, my teeth would be loose!