Invisalign with Attachments AND elastics?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Julia2828

Invisalign with Attachments AND elastics?

#1 Post by Julia2828 »

Has anyone had an experience with invisalign attachments plus elastics? I wasn't told that I would be needing both and then I went to my appt and *bam* the news was laid on me.
I have a feeling I would look super strange with an elastic in my mouth and random bumps in my teeth.....
But I am not totally sure, so if anyone could let me know just how invisible invisalign is with these things it would be appreciated :)

nybizzle

Re: Invisalign with Attachments AND elastics?

#2 Post by nybizzle »

I had Invisalign attachments with elastics before I switched to braces. Tbh, the Invisalign wasn't so invisible after adding those things. It was still more discreet than braces, but not completely invisble.

Amysown1

#3 Post by Amysown1 »

I have attachments as well as elastics. Not so invisible Invisalign. Had a customer ask me if had a broken jaw. :-+

wendy90

#4 Post by wendy90 »

I had attachments with elastics and it looked weird. I did feel that mine was invisalign so I switched the dentist and had gone for dental braces.

DrJasonKTam

#5 Post by DrJasonKTam »

Many of our patients are using Invisalign with elastics. Generally, they are used to help try to improve bite issues and can be attached to the aligner or on a brace that is placed directly on the tooth. Here are some pictures and examples to help you visualize! All the best :).

http://www.torontobraces.ca/gettingstarted/#8
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

invizzlerizzle

#6 Post by invizzlerizzle »

You'll be alright.

I'd be ecstatic knowing my ortho is using elastics, means he knows how to use this tool(invisalign) effectively.

Speck

#7 Post by Speck »

Depends on where the elastics are positioned.
I have Invisalign with both attachments and elastics and the elastics are well-concealed behind my cheeks. The many attachments, however, make Invisalign more like Hivizalign. But, honestly, it’s no big deal. :)
-Andy

Speck

#8 Post by Speck »

To the current and former Invisalign w/elastics patients who read this: Were elastic(s) placement(s) changed over the course of your treatment?
At the start of treatment, the otho with whom I've contracted services said I'd have elastics 20-22x7 throughout the process. I guess I'm kinda sweating the possibility of elastics being relocated to a conspicuous place.
-Andy

liner

#9 Post by liner »

yup, invisalign, attachments, button and yes elastics which completely fixed my crossbite.
I will be done the process on Sept 12/18.

kplatt2010

#10 Post by kplatt2010 »

HI Liner,
With your crossbite, were the top teeth or bottom teeth the issue? Also pointed toward cheek or lingual? Last question; if you had them tipped what rubber band config did they have you in?
Karla

Speck

#11 Post by Speck »

liner wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:01 pm yup, invisalign, attachments, button and yes elastics which completely fixed my crossbite.
I will be done the process on Sept 12/18.
Thanks! Have the elastics remained in the same location throughout your treatment? Did you go through refinement stages? What retainer will you have after treatment is finished?
-Andy

liner

#12 Post by liner »

"With your crossbite, were the top teeth or bottom teeth the issue? Also pointed toward cheek or lingual? Last question; if you had them tipped what rubber band config did they have you in?"
Top teeth and not sure if cheek or lingual but basically, when I would bite down, my right top teeth, were to the right of my bottom. Didn't line up.
I had a few configurations with elastics, ie, 2 from top eye teeth to buttons on lower teeth, sometimes just one side and the I had 2 buttons placed on the inside top left two molars and they hooked on the lower button. Kind of hard to describe.
Mostly just at night but for a short period, all day.

"Have the elastics remained in the same location throughout your treatment? Did you go through refinement stages? What retainer will you have after treatment is finished?"
No, as noted above.
Yes, one refinement stage, ie 22 aligners.
I will get fitted for the retainer next Sept 12/18. I will have a fixed upper and lower and then a removable to sleep in at night.

I hope this helps!

kplatt2010

#13 Post by kplatt2010 »

Thanks Liner!
It does help.
Karla