Hi everyone, newbie here

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NikNax

Hi everyone, newbie here

#1 Post by NikNax »

Hi everyone,
I am a newly braced adult, my installation was May17. My orthodontist used the Damon system and I am scheduled to wear them for 20 months. I had my first post installation appointment yesterday. Before reading through the posts here, I didn't know what to expect. My appointment went smoothly, my wire was changed from size 14 to 18. I'm not sure if I got a "tightening" as I didn't feel anything that would indicate such, but my mouth is a little sore today. Maybe that's from the new wire.

I'm really grateful for the wealth of information you guys provide here. Keep it coming.

djspeece

Re: Hi everyone, newbie here

#2 Post by djspeece »

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you are off to a fabulous start. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

NikNax

#3 Post by NikNax »

Thank you!

jem

#4 Post by jem »

Hi NikNax,

There is no such thing as " tightening" these days. With the Damon system you will just get a new wire from time to time- and perhaps elastics or powerchains in due course.

Good luck with your treatment.

Jem.
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

NikNax

#5 Post by NikNax »

Thanks Jem. I now have a clearer understanding of what to expect at my future ortho appointments.