Braces are making me miserable :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ExiaUnicorn

Braces are making me miserable :(

#1 Post by ExiaUnicorn »

I just got ceramic braces about 4 days ago and I absolutely HATE them. They makes my mouth look like I have a puffy monkey mouth when I try to close my mouth. The ortho put in molar buildips so my top teeth won't knock off the bottom brackets and I can't close my lips without looking wonky. It looks like I'm holding in air! Also I can not eat at all because of the molar buildups! I don't think she put them on right because they are pointy not flat! Also I can't talk without sounding funny! To top it all off is losing sleep because I can't close my mouth or swallow right :( I only got 2hrs of sleep because I can't sleep with my mouth open!!! :( I've been crying so much these past few days. My friend even asked if I got stung by bees :( All of this making my anxiety sooo bad. Does anyone have any advice?? I HATE the molar buildups the most! Do you think maybe the ortho can replace my bottom brackets for metal? I'm so desperate for help right now :(

bbsadmin

Re: Braces are making me miserable :(

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

FlyByNight

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

Everyone's the same. Wait a couple of weeks and you won't even notice them.

Tyrantblade

#4 Post by Tyrantblade »

I know it sucks at first, but give it a couple weeks and then it wont be so bad, better yet you will pretty much be used to it all in a few months.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

ExiaUnicorn

#5 Post by ExiaUnicorn »

[quote="bbsadmin"]If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?[/quote]

Im sorry if my complaining made me sound like a child but I'm... 25. I'm actually kind of embarrassed of my complaining :(

ExiaUnicorn

#6 Post by ExiaUnicorn »

[quote="FlyByNight"]Everyone's the same. Wait a couple of weeks and you won't even notice them.[/quote]

I went back to my ortho yesterday and told him how I felt and he shaved down the molar buildups and it feels a bit better. But you're right, I'm sure I'll get used to them with time!

ExiaUnicorn

#7 Post by ExiaUnicorn »

[quote="Tyrantblade"]I know it sucks at first, but give it a couple weeks and then it wont be so bad, better yet you will pretty much be used to it all in a few months.[/quote]

When I first got them put on I was freaking out so bad that I actually considered having them removed! Each day that passes I've been slowly getting used to them. Thanks!

Heartofdarkness

#8 Post by Heartofdarkness »

They also get a bit worn off in time from all the chewing. :)
ExiaUnicorn wrote:
FlyByNight wrote:Everyone's the same. Wait a couple of weeks and you won't even notice them.
I went back to my ortho yesterday and told him how I felt and he shaved down the molar buildups and it feels a bit better. But you're right, I'm sure I'll get used to them with time!

FlyByNight

#9 Post by FlyByNight »

I had turbos behind my two upper front teeth. I hated them so much. I had them for at least half the treatment and my tongue wasn't able to sit in a natural position. I ended up getting 2 scars on the end of my tongue from them, but it went away after my ortho grinded those bastards away.