Journey starts today!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bi167

Journey starts today!!

#1 Post by bi167 »

Hellow, finally it has started toay after lots of appointments of fillings! Today I has 3 rubber spaces put in on upper jaw( he put one rubber thinner than others bcs thr was no space of reg. one. and it's already out while I was having dinner! :o ) Right now they don't hurt much. just one side it does little. Happy that finally it has started. It's long way to go. :D
Impacted upper right canine,
Severe crowding in lower jaw,
Had lower 2 premolars extracted on 10 June 2017,
Sentenced for 1.5 to 2 years.

Momto5boys

Re: Journey starts today!!

#2 Post by Momto5boys »

Welcome! I'm new to this journey as well...i was fully braced 2 weeks ago. I'm 41 years old and finally able to get around to taking care of ME..lol.

bi167

#3 Post by bi167 »

He he, Thanks.
I am just back from today's appointment. They put 4 metal in front upper 4 teeth just to see how it reacts woth ulcers and a band on uppr right 1st molar. Left molar did not fit any size so they decided to go with brace on that too.

Finally they are caged! not fully bt they are! :tingrin:

bi167

#4 Post by bi167 »

Hi, here's the update.
It's been a full day and a half since half braced, but pain is so much :cry: No ulcers yet. Front teeth are sore n molars too. Aarrhgghhh. One touch n pain goes up high!

Brushing n cleaning takes lots of time, hope I'll master it in few days. :-} Buying waterpik asap. Will also add photos soon.
Hope pain reduces in few days. First adjustment is after a month.

22at26

#5 Post by 22at26 »

Hey there! I am three days in with full braces top and bottom. I have some soreness as well. I also have molar bumpers so I can't eat! Keep Tylenol and Advil handy. I am so recommend the Waterpik- just be sure you floss in addition, as it is not a replacement for flossing.

bretthov

#6 Post by bretthov »

thanks for sharing your journey and keep us posted as things progress

bi167

#7 Post by bi167 »

22at26 wrote:Hey there! I am three days in with full braces top and bottom. I have some soreness as well. I also have molar bumpers so I can't eat! Keep Tylenol and Advil handy. I am so recommend the Waterpik- just be sure you floss in addition, as it is not a replacement for flossing.
Thanks for sharing. I haven't had anything yet for pain, just mashing up everything before eating with lots of curd. :thumbsup:
Yes, floss can not be avoided. I do brush n floss bt for extra cleaning I have ordered waterpik, bcs my teeth they are so immediate cavity catcher. :roll:

bi167

#8 Post by bi167 »

Hi,
Here are the photos.
Yesterday when I went to ortho for trimming the wire poking, he said they've been moving fast, but I forgot to ask whether it's good sign or bad ! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djspeece

#9 Post by djspeece »

bi167 wrote:Hi,
Here are the photos.
Yesterday when I went to ortho for trimming the wire poking, he said they've been moving fast, but I forgot to ask whether it's good sign or bad ! :wink:
Oh it's a good sign, congratulations! Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Ravenclaw

#10 Post by Ravenclaw »

I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck!

bi167

#11 Post by bi167 »

It's been days.. already six months!! great progress lower jaw. had wire changed for lower jaw and i guess new one is thiker. Next week changing wire for upper jaw and fixed appointment with periodontist for cutting up the gum from inside so brace can be put on that impacted canine. here is the lower jaw progress! cheers! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bi167

#12 Post by bi167 »

Just an update. Had canine exposure surgery on 25 jan. it went good..2 days horrible experience after surgery.bt now it's all healed up. couldn't speak for 2 days..only liquids I could have. surgery went on for 45 to 60 mins. They couldn't find tooth easily, so it took time. surgery itself wasn't painful. but after that it was a bit. only opened my eyes twice during surgery. once when started and once when stitches were being taken. i saw the thread with blood twice and then I kept seeing it in dreams till 2 days after that :-*

Now it seems ok.normal brushing and flossing continues. removeing stitches on 6th feb. I would never want to go through that again. :roll:
as i read here before on forum there were 5-6 docs in room and at least 4 hands in my mouth :lol:

Hard part it over, that's all I think now and trying to forget thread with blood! :wink:

amsb

#13 Post by amsb »

i start my orthodontic journey this week I"am a teacher and i don"T know if i should get metal or clear