earlier adjustment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

simskassi

earlier adjustment?

#1 Post by simskassi »

wondering if I asked for my braces to be tightened before my scheduled appointment if they would do it? my teeth aren't sore anymore and I want this to go by as quick as possible.

Prometheus

Re: earlier adjustment?

#2 Post by Prometheus »

No, they will not do it. Your teeth continue to move after the pain subsides from an adjustment. You can do serious damage to your teeth and jaw bone by applying too much force, notably root resorption and even osteonecrosis of the bone. Orthodontics is a slow and deliberate process, having patience is important to get it done correctly and safely.
Lower braces on March 11, 2015, upper braces added July 14, 2015.
Damon, metal bottom / clear top.
Braces off March 26, 2018: Total time in braces: 3 years, 2 weeks and 1 day.
Hawley retainers top and bottom.

Synergy91

#3 Post by Synergy91 »

I would like them to move my teeth down as well currently, not feeling any pressure on my top central incisors teeth, its very annoying because they stick out and they are tipped forward. I will see my orthodontist in next month. But would rather go sooner like you.

Mpkh

#4 Post by Mpkh »

Nope. Your orthodontist adjusts your braces accordingly, so that your teeth doesn't move too much too fast. Have patience!
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca