Wire loose in the back?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

simskassi

Wire loose in the back?

#1 Post by simskassi »

i only have my uppers on and have for about a week, no more pain when eating but I do feel like the wire in between my last two brackets is loose! i can move it! is that normal? should i make an appointment?

FlyByNight

Re: Wire loose in the back?

#2 Post by FlyByNight »

The wire on your back mollar uses a different bracket. The wire just slides in. If you can push it against your teeth, that's normal.

ray1234

#3 Post by ray1234 »

Yes you should make an appointment. They can tell you what should be done.

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

They more likely started you off with such a thin white it's common it will move

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008