Inman aligners

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

minmamamia

Re: Inman aligners

#2641 Post by minmamamia »

[quote="Sof"]Hi Everyone

I have been viewing this forum for awhile and it helped me decide to go ahead with the IA so thanks for everyone's advice

I've been wearing mine for just over 4 weeks but havnt seen any movement although my bite has changed and the IA seems to fit in my mouth a bit better compared to the first day! My speech hasn't really improved either but I wear it to work everyday at first it was quite embarrassing as it did sound really bad but now I don't really care as I just the it to work as quickly as possible!!

Hoping I will see some movement soon! Is there anyone else who are in the early stages??[/quote]

I'm in the very early stages! Six days in :)

minmamamia

#2642 Post by minmamamia »

Six days in with inman aligners and would really love to see some of the pics posted here! :)

minmamamia

#2643 Post by minmamamia »

Anyone got the expander? How long will that take? And when can you view pics?

minmamamia

#2644 Post by minmamamia »

JadeWA wrote:Hi everyone! Thought I would post an update. I'm very happy with my progress so far :)

Wow, looks amazing!

turpz

#2645 Post by turpz »

minmamamia wrote:Anyone got the expander? How long will that take? And when can you view pics?
I had an expander, my treatment was about 3-4 months from start to finish.

I'm not sure how many posts you have to do before you can see pics but it's not too many so just keep posting :)

Until then, you can see my pics here http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/ ... gemqi9.jpg and
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/ ... bnvrnx.jpg

Mariuse

#2646 Post by Mariuse »

Hi, im in my 5th week with my inman aligner and so far im happy with the progresss. Im only afraid that one teeth that is left to align might not be looking well because of the angle it has. And as far as i have seen inman aligner doesnt fix angles, it just moves the teeth

turpz

#2647 Post by turpz »

If you've got one that the Inman aligner doesn't quite fix, they might be able to sort it with a clear aligner or two at the end. But you might find it all works out fine by the end :thumbsup:

Vaughan

#2648 Post by Vaughan »

I’m researching orthodontic treatments for my teenager, her upper centrals are slightly rotated and approx 1mm diastema, the rest of her teeth are perfect. I feel she doesn’t need braces or Invisalign and I think the Inman Aligner May work for her case.

Junjimiles

#2649 Post by Junjimiles »

I went to the dentist and he told me i am fit for inmans! I am kind of anxious. 20 year old male and never straightened my teeth because i really hated the looks of braces. Anyways, the doctor told me about 2 things that worried me - that it gives you a lisp,and that he's going to file my teeth (0.12mm). Is this filing noticeable? Can the dentist flower up? And also do you get used to the lisp? And last question - does anyone have a video of someone talking with thr inman aligbers on? I wanna know how it looks on someone, not just pictures of the device. Thanks!

turpz

#2650 Post by turpz »

The filling isn't obvious at all, my dentist did a tiny bit at every appt rather than take a lot in one go, never saw a noticeable gap.

The lisp wasn't great, but my aligner had an extra piece in the roof of my mouth to expand my palate, think most people without this do get used to speaking with it in. I survived fine with my lisp, just took it out for the odd phone call etc but just put up with it most of the time

Junjimiles

#2651 Post by Junjimiles »

Can someone with a normal aligner please tell about their lisp experience? Is it really THAT noticeable? Does it gradually get better? Did you feel like people were taking you less seriously?

Junjimiles

#2652 Post by Junjimiles »

Just got my inmans today! lisp is heavy but i can talk. hope it will be over in 12 weeks

turpz

#2653 Post by turpz »

You should find the lisp gets a lot better quite quickly, and the 12 weeks will fly by! I took weekly pics so I could see the progress which helps when you need a reminder of why you're putting up with it hehe

Junjimiles

#2654 Post by Junjimiles »

Holy shiy my teeth are insanely sore! I was told by my dentist it would be like that at the start, and that i would feel it more than ithers because right now the aligner is only preasing one tooth.. how long did it take you to stop feeling the initial soreness?

turpz

#2655 Post by turpz »

I don't remember much pain at all so if there was any presumably it was short lived. Do remember feeling that one youth was telling the brunt of the pressure at first though so that should ease off quite quickly