First week nausea?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

redclaygirl

First week nausea?

#1 Post by redclaygirl »

So has anyone experienced bouts of nausea the first week or so after getting braces? I can't figure out what to attribute it to. At first I thought it was the amount of dairy I was consuming so I cut back. I'm still having it and I wonder if it's something else involving having braces and getting used to it.

FlowerPower

Re: First week nausea?

#2 Post by FlowerPower »

Are you taking any type of pain medication, even OTC? Or any meds at all?

Jeff1337

#3 Post by Jeff1337 »

Yes. I had my braces put on a week ago, and I took Tylenol for the soreness. I was very nauseous for the first two days. Not sure if the nausea was from the braces or from the Tylenol.

redclaygirl

#4 Post by redclaygirl »

I did take ibuprofen a couple of days but I thought that might be what was making me feel sick so I stopped. I am feeling better this week but still have waves of nausea. Maybe it's just stress?

atrixa

#5 Post by atrixa »

If it's not the painkillers then maybe it's something other than dairy you've changed in your diet? I found my diet changed massively after braces, which did have some impact on my digestion. I didn't get any nausea, though.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

#6 Post by 2018 »

I did a little bit of digging and I found that nausea after getting braces could be caused by an adverse reaction to the metal that the braces consist of, but this is rare. More likely than not it's the medication or pent-up anxiety that's causing your ailment. Coming from someone who takes Ibuprofen frequently, it can unsettle your bowels. I hope you feel better soon.

Michi0330

#7 Post by Michi0330 »

I had this same thing happen. During the first few days I had waves of nausea on and off. I thought maybe it was my body's reaction to having something foreign in my mouth.

redclaygirl

#8 Post by redclaygirl »

It's interesting. I am feeling better now but last Monday I had a power chain put on and I felt sick to my stomach again all day. I think it's just a weird stress thing...