do attachments damage teeth?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beemur

do attachments damage teeth?

#1 Post by Beemur »

Hey guys,

I ended up getting my Invisalign a little early, I've had them in for almost four days now I think. I have a lot of attachments, 18, which is fine because I knew I was getting all those. I was just wondering if anyone here has had attachments and gotten them removed and had damaged teeth? I just notice how rough they are and am a bit scared that I will never see my shiny teeth again :shock: My ortho said they polish them all when they get removed but I hope he isn't just saying that to make me feel less anxious haha. Do your teeth really go back to normal? I know brackets with traditional braces can cause some havoc as well.

FlyByNight

Re: do attachments damage teeth?

#2 Post by FlyByNight »

It all depends on your ortho. If he does a proper job and takes his time, you're teeth will look spectacular. there was someone on the forum a few weeks ago who had a problem with that. They did a sloppy job taking the brackets off, but they got it fixed up at the next appointment. I still have glue on some of my back molars from the brackets.