Your pain...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph30

Your pain...

#1 Post by Steph30 »

How long after having braces applied did your pain get better? - day 2 was bad for me then eased a bit now I'm at Day 5 and I'm still in so much pain. Especially after eating... and I'm swallowing food whole not even chewing so it's like the actual food is aggravating my teeth. Miserable :(

Jeska0113

Re: Your pain...

#2 Post by Jeska0113 »

Whenever i get my braces+expander tightened, i eat mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, smoothies n yogurt for a week or two. After that, pain eases up on my teeth n im more able to. Hew

ElizabethMae

#3 Post by ElizabethMae »

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. That sucks. I got my braces on last Monday and I'd say it was bad for around 3 days. Ok, maybe 4 (I'm remembering Thursday now. There was a meltdown that necessitated buying brownies.) I only have braces on the top teeth so far, but I'd say the pain for me so far tends to come and go. I still can't bit into anything really because my front teeth are so sensitive and occasionally my head still start aching, which I'm assuming is cause by things moving around a bit, but ib profun takes care of the pain so I can move on with life. The first week I didn't make any food that I needed to chew (soup, protein shakes, and mashed potatoes), but I'm so glad that I can add a little more variety this week because I was going insane.

Steph30

#4 Post by Steph30 »

ElizabethMae wrote:I'm sorry you're in so much pain. That sucks. I got my braces on last Monday and I'd say it was bad for around 3 days. Ok, maybe 4 (I'm remembering Thursday now. There was a meltdown that necessitated buying brownies.) I only have braces on the top teeth so far, but I'd say the pain for me so far tends to come and go. I still can't bit into anything really because my front teeth are so sensitive and occasionally my head still start aching, which I'm assuming is cause by things moving around a bit, but ib profun takes care of the pain so I can move on with life. The first week I didn't make any food that I needed to chew (soup, protein shakes, and mashed potatoes), but I'm so glad that I can add a little more variety this week because I was going insane.
Hey, I was braced Tuesday... Both uppers and lowers andddd an annoying bite guard! The pain does vary but when it's bad I feel like ripping my teeth out! Eating, and brushing both flare up the pain big time... I've been told ibuprofen slows teeth movement.. So I'm trying not to take that. Ugh.... I'm pretty close to contacting my ortho..I'll give it a few more days but I'm struggling to properly clean my teeth :( and its wearing on me big time. When are you getting your lowers?

ElizabethMae

#5 Post by ElizabethMae »

My orthodontist didn't say when I'm getting the lowers. He said they always start with he top braces to let people get used to them. I hope I get them soon, actually, just because that's where the more obvious crooked teeth are (my biggest problem is crowding and really narrow arches that aren't noticeable to most people) but I think it might be awhile. I go back for a wire change may 8th, so hopefully I'll find out more then. I'll have to get more spacers first, though, which I'm dreading a bit. That sucked so much.

Tyrantblade

#6 Post by Tyrantblade »

After I first got braces I think the whole first week was pretty tough, lots of pain and had to adjust so much.

And then I had the standard 3 days of pain and not being able to chew after every adjustment for a while.

At some point it started being more like 1 or 1.5 days of mild pain and struggling instead of 3 days of not being able to chew at all due to pain.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

FlyByNight

#7 Post by FlyByNight »

A week after every appointment.