Just got Invisalign after Innovation-C braces

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mimo1985

Just got Invisalign after Innovation-C braces

#1 Post by Mimo1985 »

Hi all - I had been posting in the self-ligating brackets group for a while but yesterday my ortho switched me to Invisalign!
I cannot describe how pleased I am with the switch. Nothing wrong at all with the braces except I just didnt want them anymore. My ortho charges the same price for treatment - whether you get Invisa or braces - it all costs same even if I switched mid treatment so I thought why not! She said we had done all the heavy lifting with the braces so now was a good time to switch.

I have a lot of attachments and rubber bands but i am honestly very ok with it. They are so subtle I can barely tell Im wearing them, and in general just really excited that I am able to use them. Previous to this my ortho said there was no way we could use Invisalign because my teeth were just outrageously crowded. Now that has straightened out I can wear the trays and be a lot more comfortable.

I didnt expect my teeth to be so sore so quickly (it does feel exactly like braces in that regard) but I know it will be worth it :)
Start Date: May 10 2016
Removal Date: Dec 10 2016
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

FlyByNight

Re: Just got Invisalign after Innovation-C braces

#2 Post by FlyByNight »

Congrats on the switch! It must be nice being able to see your teeth after all that time with the braces.

Mimo1985

Re: Just got Invisalign after Innovation-C braces

#3 Post by Mimo1985 »

FlyByNight wrote:Congrats on the switch! It must be nice being able to see your teeth after all that time with the braces.
Yeah you have no idea lol. Really happy with the change!
Start Date: May 10 2016
Removal Date: Dec 10 2016
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm