Bend in wire on back "molar"?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xRequal

Bend in wire on back "molar"?

#1 Post by xRequal »

I ate a wheat thin and the back wire bent lol just wondering if this will effect anything?

xRequal

Re: Bend in wire on back "molar"?

#2 Post by xRequal »

[quote="xRequal"]I ate a wheat thin and the back wire bent lol just wondering if this will effect anything? Its a very small bend[/quote]

FlyByNight

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

any sort of bend in the wire can cause your teeth to move the wrong way. If it's pretty bad, I would go to your ortho. If I remember correctly, I went in for 5 minutes and they just snipped the wire where it was bent until the next appointment when they replaced it.

Dureena

#4 Post by Dureena »

Early in treatment it's unlikely to have much impact. Push on the bend with your thumb and it will probably straighten.