Before and 22 months progress pic

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LittleSern

Before and 22 months progress pic

#1 Post by LittleSern »

Figured I'd post this progress pic! I have a feeling in about two weeks we'll start doing the finishing touches.

Just did this before and after comparison and am happy with the results so far! One of the things I'm happy about is that my upper lip doesn't get as thin when I smile. I think that has to do with the fact that the teeth are no longer angled so inward, which previously caused my gums to push out a bit right where my upper lip would lay. That "ledge" pushing outward would cause the upper lip to be forced above it, causing the upper lip to be thinner when I smiled. I think the profile looks significantly better as well.

I'm also looking forward to see the gumminess reduce even more when the gum swelling goes down after the brace are off.

I think I'll likely be out of braces by the end of March, hopefully! That would put me at a total treatment time of 24 months. It seems like such a long time for these changes, but most of the changes were actually in fixing my overbite. Moving those front teeth back in line has taken so long.

Ramm87

Re: Before and 22 months progress pic

#2 Post by Ramm87 »

Best of luck, hopefully you can take your teeth out of prison ;)

Kerig02

#3 Post by Kerig02 »

They are looking good!

Bracingmyself901

#4 Post by Bracingmyself901 »

Awesome progress. Smile is so much wider

Rhea2017

#5 Post by Rhea2017 »

Amazing progress!!! and nice smile :-)
Looking forward for mine to see the progress....

EntrancedBoar91

#6 Post by EntrancedBoar91 »

That's amazing! Huge changes in the width of your smile and also your profile! If you don't mind me asking, did you have class II division 2 overbite? That's what my ortho says I have (teeth tipped inward and jaw too far back in relation to my top teeth). I just got my braces last week and hope my results are as nice as yours :D

Electric

#7 Post by Electric »

Big difference in the fullness of the upper lip on the profile pics! Hope i can eventually get a similar result

Lovespain5

#8 Post by Lovespain5 »

Nice results!
:?:-#):mrgreen:

LittleSern

#9 Post by LittleSern »

EntrancedBoar91 wrote:That's amazing! Huge changes in the width of your smile and also your profile! If you don't mind me asking, did you have class II division 2 overbite? That's what my ortho says I have (teeth tipped inward and jaw too far back in relation to my top teeth). I just got my braces last week and hope my results are as nice as yours :D
Thanks everyone! Yes, I had class ii division 2. :)

My braces should be off in a few weeks! I'm super excited. If you want to see the latest pics I've been posting, check out my thread on the Braces Stories board:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49205

LittleSern

#10 Post by LittleSern »

Had another appt yesterday. We were going to take pictures to see what else we had left to do, but it was pretty obvious that my U1 L Maxillary Incisor (upper first front tooth on left) was a bit in front of the right one, so he made a small tweak to get that in line. The plan is to see where we are next week - if things look good we will take pictures at that time and figure out what else we have left to do. He said he wants to take pics when it seems like it's perfect so that we can use the pictures to assess any minor details that weren't visible with the naked eye.

Here are some pics I took after my visit, and some older pics from the first year of treatment for comparison. I dunno... I kinda feel like my front two teeth look shorter than before and I don't really like that. I feel like they need to be a little bit lower in relation to the teeth around them. What do you all think?

Older pics:
From about a year ago:

After my appt yesterday:

chaeyeonkim

#11 Post by chaeyeonkim »

Wow everything looks so good! Hoping I can achieve the same kind of results.