Extractions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bella209

Extractions

#1 Post by Bella209 »

For my braces I had to have 4 extractions due to overcrowding. I had one tooth removed a couple months before I started the process since I needed a root canal on it and didn't want to pay a couple thousand then have it later removed. I got my braces January 23. Got one extraction on February 15 and two yesterday February 27.

I think this has been the worst part of braces so far. The bleeding takes hours to stop even though I do my best to apply pressure on them. I had to end up using tea bags again to help stop the bleeding. I was bleeding a lot for 8 hours from the lower extraction. Im glad it stopped but now they're turning white which I know is normal but still freaks me out.

I'm going to have the rest of the brackets put on tomorrow but I'm not sure if it's too soon after extractions. I just can't wait to be healed already and eat normal foods again!

18months

Re: Extractions

#2 Post by 18months »

Hope the extraction sites heal soon! I'm having 3 extractions tomorrow afternoon and will be getting my braces fitted on the 22nd of March. I'm slightly terrified about the extractions but I'm trying not to think about it! I had originally had an appointment about getting braces a year and a half ago but was so scared about the extractions that I decided not to ahead with it. I have just paid my deposit now so there's no backing out this time! :)

bi167

#3 Post by bi167 »

hi Bella209, i am in same situation as you, they are going to extract 2 premolars to release crowding :( pls can you tell, how did it go? i mean the gaps are closing? i have all the molar filled up(almost whole biting area, only corners are left everything else is covered by filling and hole was bigggg) and two 2nd premolars are filled up too! i am afraid bcs only good teeth left are premolars and they are going to be extracted now! i am afraid i'll end having only filled up decaying molars with no any good teeth left ! :(
Impacted upper right canine,
Severe crowding in lower jaw,
Had lower 2 premolars extracted on 10 June 2017,
Sentenced for 1.5 to 2 years.

ray1234

#4 Post by ray1234 »

How is it gone so far? Was it painful?