anyone tried an acceledent?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

djspeece

Re: anyone used an acceledent?

#91 Post by djspeece »

djspeece wrote:
djspeece wrote:
freysmiles wrote:Having completed several hundred cases using Acceledent I can attest to its effectiveness. It does sound too good to be true, If you want to see a few treated cases, here is a fun video I put together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbmmhFMQl8s

There have been a lot of questions raised in this forum, so I want to try and clear them up:

-> DO NOT BUY THEM SECOND HAND. They are designed to stop working after 18mo of once daily use, so you'll be stuck with one that goes dead on you with no means of replacing it.

-> Due to more efficient treatment and better outcomes, we include Acceledent in the cost of care for most patients when tooth movement (and not growth) is the limiting factor.

-> It does allow teeth to move 30-50% faster, but much of how fast treatment proceeds has to do with the skill of your orthodontist and biologic variation between individuals. Most patients we treat with it are done with treatment in 6-12 months.

-> It also helps with comfort.

Our office is also a part of a clinical trial using photobiomodulation with a device called OrthoPulse (an LED light) to accomplish the same things as Acceledent. I welcome any questions you have.
So as it turns out, this very thread, the one you are currently reading and is 5 pages long at this point, is the one in which Dr. Frey urged caution on reusing Acceledent! I wonder if this should be made a sticky.
For emphasis.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

bbsadmin

#92 Post by bbsadmin »

There is an inexpensive alternative to Acceledent. It is called BitePod20. It costs $189 and is sold at DentaKit.com. It does not "expire" after a period of time, and takes a household 9 volt battery. You can buy replacement mouthpieces for it so that other members of your household can use it, or you can sell it when you're done with it. You can find the product here: http://www.dentakit.com/bitepod20.html You can get free shipping on this item with coupon code FreeShip69. Also, it is on sale for $179 until the end of this month.

BitePod20 delivers the same low frequency vibration as Acceledent. The only real difference is that it doesn't officially claim to speed up treatment time.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

jfriend33

#93 Post by jfriend33 »

bbsadmin wrote:There is an inexpensive alternative to Acceledent. It is called BitePod20. It costs $189 and is sold at DentaKit.com. It does not "expire" after a period of time, and takes a household 9 volt battery. You can buy replacement mouthpieces for it so that other members of your household can use it, or you can sell it when you're done with it. You can find the product here: http://www.dentakit.com/bitepod20.html You can get free shipping on this item with coupon code FreeShip69. Also, it is on sale for $179 until the end of this month.

BitePod20 delivers the same low frequency vibration as Acceledent. The only real difference is that it doesn't officially claim to speed up treatment time.
Wow that is neat. I wish I had seen that a year ago! I see they also sell chewies there! I will need those for my retainers, but I also use those for molar intrusion!

I am curious about this photobiomodulation though. Never heard of it!!!

Dureena

#94 Post by Dureena »

Couples of articles on the effectiveness of acceledent on the blog link below, also an article laser therapy.

http://kevinobrienorthoblog.com/

beachit13

#95 Post by beachit13 »

Your story sounds exactly like mine! I'm sitting on a brand new Acceledent that was a replacement for the first one I used and I'd love to sell mine. Did you have any luck selling yours?

beachit13

#96 Post by beachit13 »

[quote="Pixelada"]My orthodontist wants to charge me $1200 for the Acceledent! I think that is quite pricey considering what other people have paid. Can I get it from another orthodontist? Will my orthodontist even treat me with it if I get it somewhere else?

Is it worth it to spend $1,200 on top of $7,300?

I need advise!

Thanks!!![/quote]

Holy crow! That's the most expensive Acceledent device I've ever heard of! Please tell me you were able to get one for cheaper!

djspeece

#97 Post by djspeece »

beachit13 wrote:
Pixelada wrote:My orthodontist wants to charge me $1200 for the Acceledent! I think that is quite pricey considering what other people have paid. Can I get it from another orthodontist? Will my orthodontist even treat me with it if I get it somewhere else?

Is it worth it to spend $1,200 on top of $7,300?

I need advise!

Thanks!!!
Holy crow! That's the most expensive Acceledent device I've ever heard of! Please tell me you were able to get one for cheaper!
You may want to check out the sticky at the top of this forum about a cheaper alternative sold on the Dentakit.com website.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Andrageorgescu

#98 Post by Andrageorgescu »

Hey beachit13 and everybody! Just started my Invisalign treatment 4 days ago and regretting it already :)) I'm interested in maybe buying your unit. Still available?

bbsadmin

Re: anyone tried an acceledent?

#99 Post by bbsadmin »

I want to remind everyone that this message board is not Craigslist or eBay. We will not allow posts offering used Acceledents for sale. This topic will now be locked.

If any new threads are started where used Acceledents are offered for sale, they will be deleted.

If you guys want to start a new Acceledent thread, that's fine. Just don't try to sell any used ones on it.

Thank you for understanding.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!